If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema

Options
  • 18-11-2009 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi there,

i must say i have never heard of you guys before but ye seem to have a good rep and know your stuff (unlike me).

Anyway, i am looking for a new home cinema. i am currently using a Yamaha amp but it doesnt take audio from its HDMI port so i cant play hi-def audio.
    So thats the first thing that needs to be upgraded.

Next im gonna need a good set of speakers and a sub.
    i would prefer to have floor standing speakers for the fronts.

i dont have a standalone blu-ray player but i have a ps3 which will do the job for now.

i dont have the money to go crazy on an absolutely savage system, but i dont want something thats not worth upgrading for either. I suppose i need to give a budget to make it easier for you, lets just say 800 would be really pushing it!

So could somebody please reccommend me a system and a price, thank you.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi xo_CHEWY_ox.

Throw your eye over the following items:

Pioneer VSX819 priced at £299.95 / 349.99 Euro (Save £100 / 115.00 Euro).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&SUB=24&ProductID=966

Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Pack priced at £399.95 / 449.99 Euro (Saving £200 / 230.00 Euro).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&SUB=100&ProductID=954

This system would be very nice indeed! The Vector Packs are selling at an alarming rate!!!:D

I know you said you would like floor standing speakers but the Vectors are every bit as good as a budget pair of Floor standing speakers!

Let me know what you think.

I can provide other options if you would like? But I feel that this is by far the best value for money at the moment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

very nice,

So how much would it cost for those, including 40 metres of speaker cable and delivery to tipperary?

im sure you will have a surprisingly pleasant price for me:D:D

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey xo_CHEWY_ox

They very best I could offer would be £719.90 / 819.00 Euro. All in.

Pioneer VSX819.
    Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Pack.
    Ultra Micro x40m.
    Delivery.

Let me know what you think.

due to other things that had to be bought lately (damn xmas presents:p) i cannot afford 800 euro for a sound system.

what is the cheapest home cinema package i can get that will still play HD audio formats and will sound decent.

i know you guys are very busy, but i was hoping to have a system ordered before xmas so i can catch up on all the blu-rays and games i have missed over the last few months!

for ~500 quid what is the best you can offer me.

i want to get this ordered asap so, i hope to hear from someone soon.;)

once again it would have to be delivered to Tipp and have 40 metres of cable.

• Advertisement

i've emailed John

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Chew,

can you PM me your email and I'll bump your email up the list and attend to is straight away,

Thanks as ever,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

PM sent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.