Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1/2GB USB Stick in Galway - Where's best value?

• 18-11-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

My USB Stick is after busting, and I need one for tomorrow (I specificaly need a stick, I have a Passport HDD too).

It only needs to be 1/2GB (and i'll buy a bigger one online in the coming days). Can anyone recommend me somewhere to buy one? Or has anyone got one lying around that they want to part with? (Obviously i'd pay for it)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I'd say Zhivago or Eason's, they have very good prices for USB sticks >8gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭quotaj

Very cheap in the student shop in NUIG (under library).

Don't have the prices to hand but can check tomorrow, they are cheap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

picked up one on ebay, 16GB, 8 euro delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Dunnes are selling Emtec ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You'll get them just about anywhere with electronics these days. Online prices are around €10-20 for 4gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

1-2GB are so cheap just get one anywhere, Currys, Maplins, PCWorld, any of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gasolinehorsey

alibabba wrote: »
    picked up one on ebay, 16GB, 8 euro delivered

jesus thats for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

jesus thats for nothing
    You get what you pay for with these things though. I've bought a gaggle of cheap ones before, they do stop working after a while especially if you carry one around with you.

I got one of these and have to say I'm very pleased with it. It's not as small as I'd like it to be because I always carry it with me but I've never seen build quality like it on a usb stick, it comes with a 10 year guarantee to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Student shop in NUIG as mentioned above.

I've always found shop4memory.com very good if you're going down the online route. They've fast, free delivery and accept laser card.

Their cheapest 1GB and 2GB USB sticks are...
    1Gb Transcend JetFlash V30 USB2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Drive - €13 (incl VAT and free shipping)

or

2Gb Transcend JetFlash V30 USB2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Drive - also €13 (incl VAT and free shipping)

Prices don't go up much which you increase capacity...4GB: €15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Dunnes stores are doing a SanDisk 8GB Cruzer Micro Skin USB Flash Drive for €12.99 according to this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055743644

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks guys. The Passport is actually doing the task fine, so no 'emergency' anymore.

However I do need to buy some USB Flash Disks, gonna buy a few smaller ones (around 2GB) and then maybe one decent 8GB one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Mactard wrote: »

Gonna check this out if im in Dunnes later, i'd buy 2 at that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

PC world

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Gonna check this out if im in Dunnes later, i'd buy 2 at that price

Any luck? Haven't been to dunnes myself so haven't been able to certify the offer

Any luck? Haven't been to dunnes myself so haven't been able to certify the offer

Gonna head up this PM, will let you guys know

Tried the city centre Dunnes today and they didn't have the memory stick where it would logically be expected to be, but that doesn't mean it isn't in the shop somewhere :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Tried the city centre Dunnes today and they didn't have the memory stick where it would logically be expected to be, but that doesn't mean it isn't in the shop somewhere :D

Was it Dunnes in Corrib Shopping Centre? Went in myself earlier, no luck atall.

It was indeed the very same Dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

mis-read OP..

Advertisement