Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live baby panda cam.

Options
  • 18-11-2009 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

There has been a good bit of bad news in the country recently, and I think a little injection of cuteness could do no harm to anyone.

Meet Lin Ping.

http://www.zoothailand.org/panda/livepanda.php

She lives in Thailand, and there is a 24-hour feed on her home.

She's sleeping now, but she will probably start moving in a few hours.

EDIT: She just did a little cough in her sleep. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Heh. Lin Ping. Did she hurt her leg? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

So cute.

Moved to the correct forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There's nothing cuter than seeing animals kept in captivity for people's amusement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

So cute.

Moved to the correct forum.
    There's nothing cuter than seeing animals kept in captivity for people's amusement.

/\ /\ /\
    Thread was meant to be cute.

You moved it to the one forum where it will upset people.

/\ /\ /\

I replied before it mas moved from AH. I wasn't upset by your thread, just mildly disturbed by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

/\ /\ /\

Forgive me then, the link was in another language and I presumed you knew that it was ok to post it.

The thread was about a Panda giving birth so I moved it to what I perceived to be the correct forum.

It's moved now, so apologies to the Mods if my moving the thread was wrong.

Forgive me then, the link was in another language and I presumed you knew that it was ok to post it.

The thread was about a Panda giving birth so I moved it to what I perceived to be the correct forum.

It's moved now, so apologies to the Mods if my moving the thread was wrong.

No,no,no,no,no.
    The panda has already given birth, this is it's cub wandering around being cute.
    There is no icky panda labour involved.
    That would get me a ban.

There is no problem with moving it, it is more appropriate here, it's just that people here are less likely to like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

How do you view live cam? When I click the link it seems to be just a few photos on a scroll?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Doesn't work in Firefox, webcam appears in IE

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Doesn't work in Firefox, webcam appears in IE
    damn ,,cant see it so :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

aawww...so cute! They're playing now! I really have so much respct for the hard work they to stop Pandas becoming extinct. Did anyone see "Pandamoniam" on Animal Planet? It was amazing!

YOURFACE! wrote: »
    aawww...so cute! They're playing now! I really have so much respct for the hard work they to stop Pandas becoming extinct. Did anyone see "Pandamoniam" on Animal Planet? It was amazing!

Keeping pandas locked up in zoos doesn't do much to prevent their extinction - quite the opposite in fact, as it halves their life expectancy & very rarely leads to them reproducing. That's why zoos in Europe no longer keep them, apart from one in Austria. They simply don't survive well away from their natural habitat. Having them in a zoo on a webcam may well be cute, but it's also quite cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Its Thailand - if it wasn't earning its keep in a zoo someone would have eaten it by now.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Either the camera is on it's side/upside down or the panda is hanging from the ceiling like a bat :confused:

That's fair enough starbelgrade but unless something changes this will be the only place we can see a panda 30-40 years from now

The mother was tickling him!

They've stopped now, but that was the cutest thing I've seen.

Now a really big hug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

hehe its soo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: looking at my sig i would be biased!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

aw!!!!! I love it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Keeping pandas locked up in zoos doesn't do much to prevent their extinction - quite the opposite in fact, as it halves their life expectancy & very rarely leads to them reproducing. That's why zoos in Europe no longer keep them, apart from one in Austria. They simply don't survive well away from their natural habitat. Having them in a zoo on a webcam may well be cute, but it's also quite cruel.

I completely agree with you! I hate the idea of animals being locked up for our own entertainment. However at the rate their natural habitat is being destroyed by humans they wont exist. I think with this dire fate in front of the giant panda, a wild life reserve where they are 100% dedicated to the survival of the species isn't half bad, but obviously not ideal!
    The Woolong Nature Reserve where "Pandamonium" was recorded have a very successful breeding program and have bred over 16 panda cubs in the past year alone. I think a webcam showing a mother and baby bonding allows us all to appreciate and create more awareness of these amazing animals from our desks in work or a classroom.

Advertisement