Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Focus test thread

• 18-11-2009 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

After the f1.4 thread discussing focus issues I thought some people might be interested in testing and optionally sharing results here.

Having searched for focus test sheets I decided to cobble up my own in inkscape based on what I'd seen. Click image below to find the 'original' full size for print if you like (my old frikken printer is banjo'd and the new one isn't set up yet so I can't test it just yet apart from a shot of it on the screen...).

Info/thinking:
    • For front/back focus testing the sheet should be tilted back, say 30deg off horizontal.
    • The black bar is to ensure the point of focus beyond doubt, the light area around this should help and while that sacrifices sharpness information around the centre of the test shot the rest of the sheet should be enough, plus the centre area is usually sharp anyway.
    • The scale is in cm when printed at 300dpi (don't use 'fit to page') and if the sheet is at a known angle you can calculate precise distances
    • There's more scale marks to the top/back since focus apparently degrades over a shorter distance in the front than beyond the point of focus
    That's the theory anyway, all feedback welcome or just enjoy :)

5F03306C80EA4CA188E890444225F1D8-800.jpg

Advertisement