Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the high-road?

• 18-11-2009 4:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

From a male point of view, could you guys tell me what way you would view this - as in was he taking the high road?

I was seeing this guy who was spoken for (he was in a long-term-relationship of a few years) purely for sex. With our level of intimacy though we did get close over time (few months). I contacted him to call halt and spoke the truth, that I was falling for him, he was spoken for, so therefore I had to stop...

Recently then he contacts me to say that while he wants to see me again, he can't...but he says "I know you understand".

- Why did he respond in this way at this stage? Has he only accepted what I said now and is pretending it was his decision to stop sleeping with me so as to make himself feel better? or am I missing something here.
    - What are the odds that we will sleep together again? Their is savage raw chemistry with us when we meet or get in any way close in our personal spaces. We only ever met when we were both sober and knew exactly what we were planning. Why would a guy go this when he is spoken for?

What is he thinking right now? (if you have been in a similar position)

Thanks in advance guys, I do appreciate any insight you can give me into his psych and what he is thinking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

otherwoman wrote: »
    From a male point of view, could you guys tell me what way you would view this - as in was he taking the high road?

I was seeing this guy who was spoken for (he was in a long-term-relationship of a few years) purely for sex. With our level of intimacy though we did get close over time (few months). I contacted him to call halt and spoke the truth, that I was falling for him, he was spoken for, so therefore I had to stop...

I think it's pretty safe to say that no one in this situation was taking the high road.

Advertisement