Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping out....

• 18-11-2009 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

I hate my course but love UL ..It a brill college with great people and so annoyed i have to leave.. I have to go to UCC next year to do the course i want.

Can anyone clarify the steps taking to drop out? Will is just head to the SU sudents advisor ?

And do i have to pay massive fees next year to repeat first year in UCC..?

the hassle:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

I hate my course but love UL ..It a brill college with great people and so annoyed i have to leave.. I have to go to UCC next year to do the course i want.

Can anyone clarify the steps taking to drop out? Will is just head to the SU sudents advisor ?

And do i have to pay massive fees next year to repeat first year in UCC..?

the hassle:(

As far as i know you pay by semester in ul like 3,000 but i'm not too sure in cork- possibly search through the UCC forum

you have to go to Student academic admin by the fees office in the main bldn and you will get a form that says your dropping out

what course are you doing? it might get better next semester - its always a good idea to talk to the head of the course they can give you the personal view of the future of the course - it happened with me i hated 1st semester with maths and i worked at it and i'm in 4th year of the course now and i love it!

you should have a chat with aoife finnerty in the Students union - maybe a chat or email to your advisor also -I'm sure you'll get lots of help

hope that helps

Advertisement