Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support the team

Options
  • 18-11-2009 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi guys (suppose Im talking to the admins here)

I was wondering as a mark of support for one day only, can ye turn the site green. I know that there are plenty of occasions that one could say that deserve it but this is a special moment, we all remember 1990, 94 and 02 but its been a long time since we had a time like this and I think it would be nice to say boards.ie is supporting the boys in green.

Just an idea, anyhow.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

There is one.

Bottom left, style chooser. It's light green, but it is green.

Should be simple enough to set it as default on certain fora, like soccer and ah if they'll have it, but a bit late now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If the site was going to be green at all it would be for St Pat's day, not for some match....otherwise we'd have to turn it green for every match which would be just annoying and pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Whats this about?

Irish soccer fans and media are hilarious. They build up all the hype that you actually have a shot against world class teams when the truth is you have none. France were poor tonight and still eased a win.

I look forward to all the papers doing the same about the return leg. They will fill your hearts with hope even tho you have none. Will easily be 2 or 3 nil to France at the stade de France. I agree you got screwed over in the seeding thing but had you made it to SA you would not have got past the group stages.

Look forward to seeing all the hype build up for 2012 euro's where your hearts will of course be crushed again no doubt. Be interesting to see who the manager is. Trapp will probably be sacked even though we all know it's nothing to do with the manager. The reason you will never do anything in the next few years is because your team is full of average players. It really shows how far you are behind world football when not one of your starting 11 would make it into the England team.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Boston wrote: »
    Whats this about?

Irish soccer fans and media are hilarious.....

Why didn't you quote that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ Wtf is all that about? (Boston)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Use this as a screen saver to make up for it:

hammer.png

I don't really understand soccer, so sometimes I copy posts by other users and pass them off as my own in an effort to fit in. Was that the wrong opinion to express?

If we have any chance of winning this game or levelling up with France, we must do so within the first 60 minutes, or we need to swap to Duracell batteries.

Since Folan appeared on the Irish scene I've been a massive fan. He could have been the key to unlock the French defence in the first leg, such a pity he is injured. I thought Best had a similar style of play however he was terrible when introduced on Saturday.

I think Doyle had a great game on Saturday and is the better of the two strikers at present. Keane seems to be lacking something but I'm not sure exactly what it is???

I'd like to to see someone else started over Doyle, I was surprised to say the least that Jim Beglin gave him MOM.

Don't get me wrong, alot of respect for Kevin Doyle but he's the type of stirker that needs the ball played to his feet going through on goal, otherwise I can't see him making many chances for us. Granted, the service to the strikers is piss poor, I can't see that changing, so we need someone with a different style of play to Doyle, perhaps someone a little stronger in the air. (please make me eat my own words Kevin)

Great to see that RTE have secured the rights. That'll save me from having to spend a few quid to watch it in the pub anyway.

I just fear we will have a re-enactment of Saturday, Kevin Kilbane collects the ball, Kevin Kilbane with a long ball, makes a nice pass to France, France are on the attack... over and over and over and over again.

Put my money last week on a French 3-0 win.

The incentive is too big and ramafications too large for them to fail. Its the same for both, but I think the outcome for France not going through is alot worse then Ireland.

Trap, if you want to carry on with this long ball tactic I suggest you give Niall Quinn a ring. Otherwise it's time to to start thinking about getting one or two passes on the ground going coupled with long balls.

I was very impressed by Keane at getting on those long balls and he's not exactly a tall bloke, Doyle was barely able to get on to any of them, to add to this, I did not feel his attitude reflected his team mates. Give young enthusiastic Hunt a shot, at least you know he will give you 200%.

2-0 Unfortunately.

Go on the Gunners

He's having a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Boston, you're a legend!

Not one of the best ideas on Boards, OP. Some of us actually don't give a toss.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't really understand soccer, so sometimes I copy posts by other users and pass them off as my own in an effort to fit in. Was that the wrong opinion to express?

dude, much easier way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpjYGjSeLoE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Which team in which sport?

And green? dear gods no, it would look awful and I would not be able to read it for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont care who the team is or whether they lose or not. We dont all remember 90, 94, or 02, or particularly want to support the boys in green.

I kill puppies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Go on the Gunners

He's having a laugh.

lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uoM6p7ueao

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Is a game of roundball occurring this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Not one of the best ideas on Boards, OP. Some of us actually don't give a toss.
    Oryx wrote: »
    I dont care who the team is or whether they lose or not. We dont all remember 90, 94, or 02, or particularly want to support the boys in green.

Some of us don't particularly care for Halloween either, but we've changed the site for it in the past.

Some of us don't particularly care for Halloween either, but we've changed the site for it in the past.
    Was that on request?

I don't recall that happening. Maybe the default theme?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It definitely happened a couple of years back.

I remember it alright, but I thought it was just a mad idea dreamed up by the powers that be. Dont think it was repeated mind you. Seemed to me to be along the same lines as the odd april fools trick and the time they screwed up everyones post count.

If you allow posters to request a colour change for random events, this place will give us migraine. Not to mention the problems any poor colour blind folk would have. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We forgot to say 22 men chasing a leather spheroid in a sarcastic tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Black would be a good colour from about 9.50 pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

RopeDrink wrote: »
    The day the site dictates that I cannot use my chosen skin and forces it into green for some event I couldn't care less about is a day just asking for rolled eyeballs :rolleyes:

Most of the time there's always a subtle banner, image, announcement or something to that effect being used in an unintrusive way but to turn the whole place green?

No, thank you.

Maybe the soccer forum only so...I think it's a good idea, I don't really get why the nay-sayers have an issue with the idea tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

OK, we get that people don't like the idea.

Talk about shooting down in flames...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement