Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondeo 2.0 Dsl 130BHP MPG ?

• 18-11-2009 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi,

Anybody out there got a 2.0l diesel Mondeo ? I just about to pull the trigger on an '06 130bhp one, but was interested in what people are seeing as the mpg.

The reason I'm interested is that I have a 160km (roundtrip) commute each day. If the published figures of around 47-48mpg are realistic then I can live with it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Redjeep! wrote: »
    Hi,

Anybody out there got a 2.0l diesel Mondeo ? I just about to pull the trigger on an '06 130bhp one, but was interested in what people are seeing as the mpg.

The reason I'm interested is that I have a 160km (roundtrip) commute each day. If the published figures of around 47-48mpg are realistic then I can live with it.

Thanks.

You'd probably get 42-45mpg on it. Out of curiosity, how much is the Mondeo going for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 6 speed (old model) is unbelievably light on fuel, I'd reckon the 40's figure is a bit conservative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Thanks colm_mcm & confab.

It's the 6 speed I'm looking at. It's a UK car and will come in around £5000-5500 plus vrt.

I think upper 40's is probably about right and I can live with that, even when diesel goes up after the budget for the carbon tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

My 2.0TDCi 115bhp is given 49MPG according to the trip computer..Again doing around 80miles a day, combined driving.

watching Fith Gear the other night and they tested the advertised MPG against actuall MPG and found the figures to be within less than 5 miles of the printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

I bought a 05 2.0 TDCI from the UK in sept. for £5200 from the dealer with 65,000 miles on the clock.
    Very happy with it. Drove from Norwich to Holyhead on the motorway at motor way speeds at an average of 57 mpg.
    Recently tested it from Mayo to Limerick (Drove very conservatively)and got 60.5 mpg. I drove it a lot harder on the return journey and got 53.2mpg
    Generally I see about the 46mpg mark on the trip computer but that is with a lot of short journeys around town.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Thanks everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Why am only getting 40mpg on my 2008 2.0TDCi Focus, according to the computer, and I'm not lead footed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maybe the Focus has a more restrictive setup for low emissions, All I know is the old shape 130 Ebony I got from work for a while was ridiculously good on fuel. the previous owner said he was averaging around 60mpg, and with my right foot, I was still close to 50 with mixed driving.
    Dunno why that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mac09

2004 130 bhp 2.0 for mondeo gives me around 42mpg combined, although computer says 47. be careful to measure the actual mpg from brim to brim rather than rely on the trip computer.

there are some many factors when it comes down to mpg. i have driven the exact same two cars in the exact same manner and found a difference of 10mpg over a tank

factors such as wheel allignment, tyre pressure, fuel filter change schedule play a part in determining fuel consumption

had a discussion with my mechanic one day and he told me that every car is differnt and depending on the engine and the manner it was driven in for the first 10k miles have a mjor bearing on the mpg in the future

good luck with your car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Redjeep! wrote: »
    Thanks colm_mcm & confab.

It's the 6 speed I'm looking at. It's a UK car and will come in around £5000-5500 plus vrt.

I think upper 40's is probably about right and I can live with that, even when diesel goes up after the budget for the carbon tax.

Can I ask where you're buying it from (if a dealer) and if you would recommend anywhere? I am thinking about buying a second hand diesel with similar spec and would be curious if anyone could recommend any reputable second hand dealers in the North or UK.

Cheers,

Gar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

gandroid wrote: »
    Can I ask where you're buying it from (if a dealer) and if you would recommend anywhere? I am thinking about buying a second hand diesel with similar spec and would be curious if anyone could recommend any reputable second hand dealers in the North or UK.

Cheers,

Gar

Motorway driving, stick her into cruise, ull get between 55 and 60 MPG. no problem. Town driving lots of stopping and starting..40......i have had mine since Nov 2003 and its giving the same today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Thought the 6 speed only came with the 2.2 engine ?

I have the same engine in my car and get about 47-49 mpg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

tred wrote: »
    Motorway driving, stick her into cruise, ull get between 55 and 60 MPG. no problem. Town driving lots of stopping and starting..40......i have had mine since Nov 2003 and its giving the same today.

Was that meant as a response to my question tred?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

testicle wrote: »
    Thought the 6 speed only came with the 2.2 engine ?

I have the same engine in my car and get about 47-49 mpg.

2.0 TDCi 115bhp and 130bhp gained a 6th gear from 2004 onwards afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Just be careful. The 130 had injector problems the 115 avoided

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I have been driving an 05 Mondeo 130 for 3 years now.
    Actual mpg is 50 to 52 mpg, measured by brimming the tank.
    On board display is 10% optomistic on mine.

Advertisement