Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuerteventura

Options
  • 18-11-2009 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Looking at going to Fuerteventura early next year (Feb/Mar) for a surf holiday

Looking for recommendations for accommodation/ surf lessons/ surf camp etc.

There will prob be 4/5 of us - mixed group and beginners and intermediates

This thread mentions a few Best Winter Surf Destination but its a year old so any info would be great,

Thanks,

Nikeyk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

Well you know my opinion already, all I'd have to add really is if you do go to a school for a few days make sure theres its a local school or that theres at least a local working there. Locals know the best spots around the island and will give you tips for traveling about to places.

Oh, and if you see a french guy selling pancakes on the side of the street stop a chat for a bite to eat, he's a legend in the waves!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Base yourself in corralejo, it seems to be the best town location wise. Got with a surf school there, can't remember the name of them, they were good anyway. Split the group into beginners and intermediates. Took a minibus of us out to a spot near cotillo:

map

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cprh

nikeyk wrote: »
    Looking at going to Fuerteventura early next year (Feb/Mar) for a surf holiday

Looking for recommendations for accommodation/ surf lessons/ surf camp etc.

There will prob be 4/5 of us - mixed group and beginners and intermediates

This thread mentions a few Best Winter Surf Destination but its a year old so any info would be great,

Thanks,

Nikeyk

Corralejo is best town geographically to stay in, as it's the beginning of the north shore where all the breaks are.

I've been over twice - quiksilver seem to be the best school judging from what I saw on the beach. http://www.quiksilver-surfschool.com/

Accomodation wise - flag beach were ok for cheap and cheerful surf orientated accommo, but dont use their surf school. http://www.flagbeach.com/Accomodation.php

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mr board

nikey,

I have booked flights for a week in fuerteventura for feb. going with a group of five friends of all different surf levels.

check out aer lingus, I got return flights from dublin for €150......

will be looking at accommodation in the next week or so, but at a glance correlejo looks like the best spot......

will keep you posted.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Skyhawk_Surf

I hope to be at the quiksilver camp on the 16th of Jan for a week. Flying out of Dublin on the 16th.

Are you over there at that time?

Shane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sammer

nikey,

i'm just back from Fuerte. missed all the ice here hee hee. i'd definitely recommend it. its 20-25 degrees over there everyday, the hottest place to surf this time of year i reckon. its 100kms from Morrocco but doesnt have any of the no fun rules Morrocco does (only joking 0- i know Morocco is suppose to be great too). it has the same time difference as ireland also. good craic at night, no tacky 18-30 bars, thats Gran Canary & Tenerife territory. stayed in Corralejo town, very surfy and laid back. got surf lessons for a week - picked up everyday and taken to lots of different places. i surfed a bit before so went out to different peaks but we were with another couple and my girlfriend and her mate got beginners lessons. we did it through www.surfholidays.com and they put us in a very cool hotel in the centre. there are a good few hotels but some are family only or full board only with people who just spend 7 days in the hotel complex, losers if you ask me. you can also windsurf in the towns beach if you fancy it..

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kathy2

I have an apartment in Fuerteventura that I let out.

Its not in Caleta de Fuste and not Collajario duh:(.

Is there any good surf magazines or some where I could advertise it.

I know nothing about surfing, is there any good surf schools in Caleta?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kathy2

Ryan air are back flying in there 39.99 a pop in april and june.

Which in the real world means 120 but still not too bad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mr board

not around then man. heading out on the 9th back on the 16th.

did a little shop around online & got a cool villa for myself & 6 friends. Its pretty pimped actually, hot tub, pool, big bbq, very nice. all for €150 per head, which I thought was pretty good.

enjoy!

Advertisement