Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest Irish Soccer song

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Joxer is good. All the others are just embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

The Game (to the music of We Didnt start the fire)
    98s is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Put them under pressure the 1990 world cup squad is the best IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Can see 'Put em under pressure' running away with this poll.

Classic tune and is associated Irelands most successful world cup campaign which most have very fond memories of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Other
    Joxer = CLASSIC
    Stuttgart..... Still remember that hangover :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Put 'em under Pressure is based on a proper tune albeit bastardised by bloody "ole ole ole" so gets the vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

mike65 wrote: »
    Put 'em under Pressure is based on a proper tune albeit bastardised by bloody "ole ole ole" so gets the vote.

'An Dearg Doom' for anyone that wasnt to download the original. Super song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'm seriously disappointed Joe O'Toole ins't there with Going To America!

The mighty quinn did have a Nial Quinn version that iirc was done by Superquinn (the irony!) staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

Haven't heard that and can't find it, if you can put up a link and it will be added:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

glanman wrote: »
    Haven't heard that and can't find it, if you can put up a link and it will be added:)

i had it on tape years ago, it was the WC '94 song, pure rubbish!

I think it was one of those every gobsh!te with a guitar appearing on the late late type songs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

mike65 wrote: »

It's the Ole Ole thing that ruins it for me. And PLEASE STOP WITH THE OLE OLEs at Ireland games :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

You forgot about To Win Just Once by the Saw Doctors. Cracking tune and it was on the Road to USA video in '94.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

2fm's 2002 Put em under pressure was fantastic. Think they still have a link live somewhere for it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    It's the Ole Ole thing that ruins it for me. And PLEASE STOP WITH THE OLE OLEs at Ireland games :(
    Why? We dont really have any other songs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

You forgot about To Win Just Once by the Saw Doctors. Cracking tune and it was on the Road to USA video in '94.

TBH I don't really like this song, its very depressing I think....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

glanman wrote: »
    TBH I don't really like this song, its very depressing I think....

It may well be but I just associate it with the road to USA video from Italia 90 when I was a kid. I watched that video loads of times and it specifically reminds me of the night we drew with N.Ireland on Nov 17th, 1993 and Alan McLoughlin scored that cracker. So great memories for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Haha never even heard most of these before.. Think that we didnt start the fire one is hilarious! But you cant beat put 'em under pressure, really gets you in the mood for football matchs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Put 'em Under Pressure can't be beat.
    The Game is class though.:D

The problem is that Ireland have too many songs, rather than chants. Songs are difficult to get going because not everyone will know the words to them. Almost any gobshíte could easily pick up two or three lines after hearing it a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Put 'em under Pressure is the best by a mile!

Used to love Joxer, but now I cringe when we hear it. We take the pee out of england still going on about winning the world cup in 1966 (beating their biggest rivals in the final 20 years after World War 2), but we have a song about beating them in a group game which is perfectly ok!

• Advertisement
Advertisement