Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A lads plea for help (twilight makeup! For my girlfriends christmas present not me!)

• 18-11-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

K so i'm trying to get my girlfriend some makeup and things for christmas. however she (like i'm guessing 99.9% of girls) is obsessed by twilight. she says she seen ads for the makeup (lip venom an example) in magazines but i've been searching online and in every chemist and makeup shop i can find to no avail. (the online ones that i have found are only delivering to US). Can anyone here direct me somewhere where i might be able to order it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

From what I know, it hasn't launched in many places even in the UK

But Hottopic.com sell it (no idea if they ship to Ireland)

And simplebeauty.co.uk are the official stockist, so keep watch to them

......... After that I haven't a clue lol I only looked at the thread cos I was thinking "ohh lord some lad wants to buy make-up for himself"

Think this is the Lip Venom, the last one on the page

www.hqhair.com/make-up/duwop/lip-venom

And here's another one

http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/duwop/twilightlipvenom/

............ Men need to learn how to google lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

hmmm might change the thread title! cheers for the quick reply though must keep an eye on them sites anyway. still time before christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

try torrid.com its a us site but definitely delivers to ireland and you can buy torrid, new moon bags and t shirts. I warn you it is a plus size site so sizing is different but they definitely have a new moon range of make up (thats the sequel to twilight) its called Volturi something.... good luck with that...

Think this is the Lip Venom, the last one on the page

www.hqhair.com/make-up/duwop/lip-venom

And here's another one

http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/duwop/twilightlipvenom/

............ Men need to learn how to google lol

oh i guess i deserve the dig there! I knew i was treading dangerously coming in here!! I tried a quick google yesterday but as i have no interweb at home and have to do it at work i get very wary looking up makeup on the internet pc's as a guy looking up twilight makeup would ruin whatever credability i have (and it's slim enough as it is!)

All_smilez cheers i must look that up later too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

If spotted at it in work, just reply "I'm thinking of becoming a mortician" :D

• Advertisement

If spotted at it in work, just reply "I'm thinking of becoming a mortician" :D

how bad a mortician would i be if i was vamping up the body and plumping it's lips...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

danniemcq wrote: »
    I knew i was treading dangerously coming in here!!
    Why? Is the forum that imtimidating?
    Genuine interest here. As Mod I'd like to dispel any apprehension people might feel about posting here.
    still time before christmas
    Not too much time. Most online outlets recomend 21 days but at this time of the year I'd allow a month, especially if the product is likely to be in short supply. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Why? Is the forum that imtimidating?
    Genuine interest here. As Mod I'd like to dispel any apprehension people might feel about posting here.

Not too much time. Most online outlets recomend 21 days but at this time of the year I'd allow a month, especially if the product is likely to be in short supply. :)

nah the forum isn't intimidating at all, just kinda figured like anywhere else online there would be ample opertunity for sly digs and with what i was posting i kinda figured it would be good humoured sexism!

hmmm yeah never really thought of the whole 21 day thing. better top up the 3v card this weekend :)

can i just say though thanks for the help etc
    Mod Edit.

Advertisement