Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged for ringing voicemail on Three

• 18-11-2009 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

I've just noticed on my bill that Three are charging for my calls to 171 voicemail, as this is considered out of package. A bit rich since most of the time people leave a voicemail when their call goes straight to voicemail because of lack of coverage.

I am on the 39.99 pay monthly package which gives me 200 minutes and 200 texts. Is it standard to be charged for ringing voicemail?

*If this is in the wrong section please move*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

I'm on 3pay and I'm charged for ringing voicemail which is a joke. Don't know about bill pay though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've just checked my 3 bill there, i'm on relax 650, 38 minutes to voicemail last month and all of it is free, you shouldn't be charged if your on bill pay.

Your now charged on pre pay, all the other operators were doing it, o2, vodafone etc, that's probably why 3 started charging on pre pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you on the old talk and text plans? They are charged at 15c, it was on the 'Talk anytime' plans voicemail was free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yeah that sound familiar Davy. To be honest, it was just what the girl suggested to me at the time, because I needed to upgrade the amount of voice and text that was in my package. I cant find a similar package now, so it's obviously been superceded.

I thought that maybe they might take your time using voicemail as being part of the 200 mins that you have paid for, but actually charging you for this seems to be very mean spirited in my opinion. Fk them I'm downgrading to nothing or else I'll cancel altogether.

Still have to resolve the issue of them charging me for 40 euro of Internet access on the phone that I never used.. *headache*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

You can easily get around the voicemail charges on most networks. If you are on a plan that has free calls to the same network then instead of dialing 171 just dial your own number. You will get your voicemail greeting message and while it is playing just press the hash (#) key. It will ask you for your voicemail password and you should be in the voicemail menu after that. The call will be free because you effectively dialed a on-net number.

• Advertisement

Found out what my package is today. Davy was right.
    Your current account details:
    If you're currently changing your price plan the details shown below are your NEW details, which will take effect on your next bill date.
    Price plan — Talk 200 Anytime
    Add-ons — 200 Messages

Only thing is my contract is automatically renewed in October, will I be able to downgrade my package ... Tried to ring them earlier and got stuck for about 20 mins hanging on waiting for someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Three have ridiculous rates for calls and voicemail. I had to move to meteor!

The '200 talk anytime' is different to the older talk and text plans. The 'Anytime' plans have free voicemail so you should make a complaint and be refunded.

I couldnt work out how you were paying €49 a month, thats what was confusing me. The plan is only €29 a month, and with €9.99 for the 200 text add-on, but still €10 short. But regardless, the 'Talk anytime' plan should have free voicmail without wasting your 200 minustes using the '5 prefix'

Davy wrote: »
    The '200 talk anytime' is different to the older talk and text plans. The 'Anytime' plans have free voicemail so you should make a complaint and be refunded.

Yeah you're right.. packager is €29 the another €10 for the extra texts. Something else I got "talk" - ed into. I'm gonna move to this plan http://www.three.ie/priceplans/relax90.htm whenever they let me. Will try them again tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Yeah you're right.. packager is €29 the another €10 for the extra texts. Something else I got "talk" - ed into. I'm gonna move to this plan http://www.three.ie/priceplans/relax90.htm whenever they let me. Will try them again tomorrow.

You can change price plans anytime? Dont get whats the problem here? I changed my plan up & down 3 times in the last 12 months! Not a problem!

• Advertisement

They may argue with you, that you have to be 6months into the plan before you can drop down to a lower priced plan. If they do say this, i would use the errors in voicemail charging as a reason that they should let you change.

Rang them and got changed over to the Relax 90 package from next month. Got through to a helpful Irish girl called Susan, and she pretty much did it with the minimum of effort.

Refreshing when you get through the a support line and a) the person can understand you and vice versa and b) they do what you want them to do. I have to laugh when I see these new Eircom "helpful Jim" ads, irony in it's purset form.

Advertisement