Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a gun safe

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

jap gt wrote: »
    i could also do with some advice, im getting my safe tomorrow, the problem is im still living at home, i cant think of best place to put it, my two options are, in the wardrobe in my room or in the spare bedroom both rooms have good locks etc. which would look best to the gaurds/ be most partical

Can you not fix it to a wall in your owm room? Personally I would not be fixing to the back of a wardrobe, to easy to pull off. I would imagine the gaurds would hold the same opinion, but I don't know, you could try calling your FO and asking his opinion. When they where passing mine they commented on the fact that I have removed the board to fix to the wall.

They had a case recently where someone had not fixed to the wall and the thives made off with the whole safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

jap gt wrote: »
    i could also do with some advice, im getting my safe tomorrow, the problem is im still living at home, i cant think of best place to put it, my two options are, in the wardrobe in my room or in the spare bedroom both rooms have good locks etc. which would look best to the gaurds/ be most partical

The best bet is to talk to your local Crime Prevention Officer, he is the guy who will have to sign off on it anyway. My CPO was very good and gave sound advice. Don't forget the tea and bickies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

sorry should have explained myself better my wardrobe is like a small walk-in, clothes on one side and storage on the other. plasterboard all around, i could fix it to the batons and the floor

Advertisement