Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk Credit card stopped! New one req'd !

Options
  • 18-11-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have always had a Barclaycard from my days when I lived in the UK. i kept it on when I returned to Ireland. I found it useful for separating business from personal spending, UK / N.IRL shopping and it avoids the euro/ Stg exchange skams. However it has now been withdrawn ! Something to do with non residancy.

I have a business a/c in the UK. Is there another UK credit card that I can get. My B Of I branch in the UK would give me one but wanted to charge me 2.5% for any overseas purchases ( UK/ N.IRL etc) as well as set up costs of £150.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Pretty much all card issuers would require you have an address in the UK/credit record before giving you a card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Pretty much all card issuers would require you have an address in the UK/credit record before giving you a card.

Maybe, but I have a Personal STG credit card issued through BOI NI. It's different for business accounts for sure.

Advertisement