Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swine Flu

• 18-11-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to conceive and I want to get the swine flu vaccine. I have got conflicting advice about whether to get it when you are TTC. Does anyone know of a definite resource about the dangers? One nurse said it would be better to wait until I got my period.

Thanks

Saz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Saz: I don't know. Your GP should be able to tell you though. Did the nurse say why you would be better waiting 'til you got your period?

Everyone else: I'm leaving this as a separate thread because it's distinct from the other swine flu discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I was under the impression that they are only vaccinating women who are more than 14 weeks pregnant, or people who have an underlying condition at the minute?

I guess you should speak to your GP to clarify this.

I'd imagine the reason they are telling you to wait until you get your period is that you may have conceived this month and may not want to vaccinate you whilst so early on in your pregnancy. That is the only reason I can think of.

Check with your GP, it will ultimately be their decision as to whether you get the vaccine or not :)

Advertisement