Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5970 on hws, some new AMDs and the GT240

Options
  • 18-11-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

The new 5970 is priced around 600 euros - ouch

I saw some more budget AMDs but no sign of clock speeds on them

and then theres the new GT240 which unfortunately seems on par with a 9600GT

going to look for reviews of 5970 now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

It's on scan and overclockers too, but still in the 560-600 euro range for pre-order.
    Kinda sucks when you consider they'll only cost about 600 dollars in the states.
    luckily that's where I'll be buying mine:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

It's on scan and overclockers too, but still in the 560-600 euro range for pre-order.
    Kinda sucks when you consider they'll only cost about 600 dollars in the states.

Pick me up 2! I'll trade you a dead mouse and a ball of string! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

hmmm, Shorter than people were expecting. Card itself is just over 12'' although nearly an inch of that is just the plastic covering of the cooler. So the case fits, now all i need is to find a job and earn the money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

After customs is thru with you, you will wish you had bought within the EU :)

This is a very sexeh card, we knew it would be. Not surprised about price or performance and its actually a little better than I expected on heat & power (which is great, as it means ATI have that wiggle room to bring out a triple X version or whatever when fermi finally gets unleashed). The whole thing is like a sexeh car, it doesnt know whats going on when plodding along in traffic, but bring it to an open road and put the foot down and it all makes sense :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

The GT240 has just hit komplett. The 5970 should be landing soon too. As soon as it does ill be sure to post back here :)

Just had a wee look at the GT240 There. Seems the 4770 is still the best budget card on the market, it outperforms the GT240 on almost all counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

The 5970 should be landing soon too.

€800, €900?

lol
    Only kidding, did you sort out your supplier afterwards with you're crazily overpriced 58xx?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Effluo wrote: »
    €800, €900?

lol
    Only kidding, did you sort out your supplier afterwards with you're crazily overpriced 58xx?

Nope they didnt :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Well im just after ordering 2 5750 from komplett. They seem to work very well in crossfire and also are cheap. My motherboard can take 3 in crossfire if i ever felt i needed to. I think the 5870 + 5970 are over price for what you get.

• Advertisement

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Well im just after ordering 2 5750 from komplett. They seem to work very well in crossfire and also are cheap. My motherboard can take 3 in crossfire if i ever felt i needed to. I think the 5870 + 5970 are over price for what you get.

if anything the price/performance of the 5750 is worse! A single 4890 will get framerates 30-40% higher! I don't even think two of them can hold a candle to the 5850's performance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

1 5970 will hit our stock tomorrow, price is being calculated now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

1 5970 will hit our stock tomorrow, price is being calculated now.

This should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

We (Peats) will have them for €579 if that's of any use to you guys:

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?type=product&id=26416

Not sure on an exact ETA just yet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Those power figures in the TechPowerUp article look a bit off. I've never heard of a HD4770 needing miles more power than its own rated TDP nor does my own HD4830 use as much power as the one in that article is alleged to - and mine's at 650/1900MHz :p

That's cheaper than hardwareversand.de!!! :o

Love how Komplett "calculate" the price lol

if anything the price/performance of the 5750 is worse! A single 4890 will get framerates 30-40% higher! I don't even think two of them can hold a candle to the 5850's performance!

Someone just gave u the tumbs up/thanks for the garage u just typed.

Link

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5750-review-crossfirex/14

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5970-review-test/15

Please go through all the benchmarks to see what im on about. They scale very very well and when u cant buy the 5850 and what i just got is cheaper then 1 5850 and yet is faster then 5850 and sometimes even faster then one 5870.

Effluo wrote: »
    That's cheaper than hardwareversand.de!!! :o

Love how Komplett "calculate" the price lol

Yay for once. :D

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Someone just gave u the tumbs up/thanks for the garage u just typed.

did you mis-read what I typed? A single 4890 get's frame rates 30-40% higher than the 5750 and costs maybe €20 more.

let's see the benches you linked to:
    5750: 39
    4890: 59

I also said in crossfire it can't hold a candle to a single 5850.

again:
    5750 x2: 77
    5850: 55

Fair enough. However, look at the crysis benches of the article you linked to:

5750 x2: 33
    5850: 38

Now calling what I said garbage isn't particularly fair is it?

did you mis-read what I typed? A single 4890 get's frame rates 30-40% higher than the 5750 and costs maybe €20 more.

again:

Well in fairness he said garage, which would actually look a little like this

.......................`` `````````````` ````````
    `.`......................`` ```````````...````......`````
    ``````````````......``......................`````..`````````
    ````````````````````````````````.....`````````.`````````````
    `````.....```.``-sso+/:-.````...................```...````..
    ``..--:
    ..`:+:+hhhhhhhyso++/:-.....```````````..........
    /+ooooo++++++-:sddo:yhhhdhhhhhhhhhhyys++/-....``````````````
    yysssoooooo+-++/mmdy-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhho+/+++++++++//////
    mmmmmmmhyso/ymmmmmdd+:ydhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhysssssoooosoooss
    NNNNNNNmNd-/hmmmmmmmmmy-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhysoo+ooosossyh
    NNNNNNNNd/hmmmmmmmmmmmd/:hhhhhdhhhhhhhhhhhhdhhhhhhhhhddmdmm
    osssssso-/dmhsssssssssydms-+ooooooooo+ooooooso+oo/oshhhhhhhh
    //////////dms.````````dmmdhhhdddddmmmmmmmmmm/-+y//+++++++++
    :::///////dms.````````dmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm+-+y+++++//////
    +++//////dms.````````dmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm+-+y/+++//+++++
    ++++++/dms.````````dmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm+-+y++////+++/+
    oo+oo++dms.````````dmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmd+/+ssoooosooooo
    osoooooohhs-````````dmmmmmmmmmmmmmdhhyssoo+oosssssooossso
    ooosossosoooso//:--.dmmmmmmmddhyyysossosyyssssyysyysossss
    sosssossoosooooooossssosyyhhhsosssssysosysssssssssssyyysssys
    ssossssosssssssosssosssoooooo+ooooososossoossyyssyysyyyyysss
    ossssssyssoosssssossssyssssssssssssssssssosssossyysssoosssyy

update we now have a garage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yay for once. :D

You guys had kick ass prices on the 5870 and 5850 as well :)

Now drop your HAF 932's price a bit please :P

Venom wrote: »
    You guys had kick ass prices on the 5870 and 5850 as well :)

Now drop your HAF 932's price a bit please :P

Well believe it or not we do try. I mentioned on another thread that Komplett did have a great price on the HAF 932 and we couldn't really match it. I've hassled the supplier and he's given me a slightly better price. We've dropped it to €144.99 down from €169. Granted it's still not as cheap as Komplett but that's the best we can do. The price has only very slightly come down to us so we are taking the hit on margin and as a result our margin has now become crap but what the hell. It's bad but we're not loosing money and well we've mainly done it for you lot. So stop nagging me about the 932!!! :)

I have to say, Peats have turned over a new stone. They are now a place to check out when buying new hardware!

again:

I have no problem with your 4890 statment only that the price range between the two is alot more then €20 as i just got my cards for 118 each. So your paying for the extra 30% increase in power so it does not look as good as u make it out to be.
    Also old tec, more power wastage and more heat from the 4890 and the higher price tag i would go for the 5750 every time "+ the 5750 overclocks better". Even though u should be compairing the 5770 to the 4890 as they are more inline with same price tag.

But from what i have seen it beats the 5850 in 75% of the games i looked at and even beats the 5870 in some titles. It all depends on the programing of the game and how well it scales "which In some games the 5750 scales close to 100%". In other games when the programing is poor like crysis & Anno to name two titles the 5750 does not scale well.

Your post is not total garbage but its far from the truth/facts either. How could u think the 5750 in crossfire could not match the 5850 "u should look at benchmarks" and why u compaired a far more expensive card to the 5750 and then say look at this more expensive card it beats the 5750 by 30%.

People should look at the 5750 in crossfire as a possible option. Don't knock them because someone said they are worse/crap/poor or what ever. I think at their current price they are a steal.

Blazher wrote: »
    I have to say, Peats have turned over a new stone. They are now a place to check out when buying new hardware!

Glad to hear you say that sir. Someone tell Anti though............ he really really doesn't like us for some reason! :eek:

I'm guessing he is an old crotchety old man set in his ways, not young and hip like us :D

Glad to hear you say that sir. Someone tell Anti though............ he really really doesn't like us for some reason! :eek:

Well in all fairness, You did have a rap of being a pack of over priced robbing feckers :D

But its starting to look good, Your heading in the right direction, So don't stop now. More new tech at good prices in stock and your on to a winner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hey now, dont be like that. I'm actually really happy with your company recently. Have even bought a few products off you. And if you are gonna keep that card at that price then you will have my custom again :)

Anti wrote: »
    Hey now, dont be like that. I'm actually really happy with your company recently. Have even bought a few products off you. And if you are gonna keep that card at that price then you will have my custom again :)

Yeah, go buy 2 of them, so you can flog you 5870s on the cheap ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    Yeah, go buy 2 of them, so you can flog you 5870s on the cheap ;)

Only if you take back the old crotchety comment, im only 26 :(

Advertisement