Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5970 on hws, some new AMDs and the GT240

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Effluo wrote: »
    I was just making the point, not supposing anything.

How about you go suppose some €1,000 i5 builds for someone who wants to browse online using internet explorer and the occasional word doc. Maybe you could stick a 5850 in there too in fear anything else might be outdated:rolleyes:

Your mixing me up with Leman Russ for the i5s and 5850's, and maybe you should take a ****ing chill pill bub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Effluo wrote: »
    They say they have on left at €713 which is truly abysmal considering they are only €575 in peats, a bricks and mortar store

they were smart tbh. The type of person willing to spend €600 on a single graphics card isn't going to be too put off by an extra €100 imo if it means getting one of the first to market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sooo tempted... Anyoen wanna buy my cards so i dont have to pimp out my niece to some pedo ring?

I'm just kidding, honest :D

they were smart tbh. The type of person willing to spend €600 on a single graphics card isn't going to be too put off by an extra €100 imo if it means getting one of the first to market.

+1

I reckon Komplett foresaw the lack of 58xx cards from the start and just claimed the "supplier issues" to milk as much as they could from early adopters.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Dabs.ie have the 5850 up for €233. I ordered one on Thursday they emailed me saying it will be in stock on wednesday. :D

It says on the site now 3-4 days.
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/xfx-r5850-hd-1gb-hdmi-pci-e-2-0-65TW.html?q=5850

its an XFX if thats an issue for anyone? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

whats dabs like for returns?

I have never had to return anything to them so no idea. :p

I just went for that because of the price and they display a date. I'd say chances are i wont even get it, they probably have a lot of back orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Is there really much of a difference between Sapphire, HIS, XFX etc for these cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Is there really much of a difference between Sapphire, HIS, XFX etc for these cards?

Yes :pac:

It pretty much boils down to the picture on the card, game bundle if any and manufacturer warranty on the basic cards. The special edition versions such as the Sapphire Vapor X edition could be miles apart tho.

• Advertisement

Do some of them have a different bios though? Was reading an article a few days ago that the overclocking is limited with the standard bios which is on most cards. But if you flash the bios (im not too keen on it) you can overclock it very nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

The main difference is build uality actually :D It is not as big a factor for the first round of cards, but it still is a factor. XFX and Saphire are both top teir GPU manufactures, with HIS (iirc) a close second. Powercolour are t3h crapz

Add Galaxy to the list of manufacturers to be avoided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Do some of them have a different bios though? Was reading an article a few days ago that the overclocking is limited with the standard bios which is on most cards. But if you flash the bios (im not too keen on it) you can overclock it very nicely.

You can flash any of the 5850s with the Asus BIOS to overclock.

Yet saying that, XFX have took there stock off the market because of errors people have been having.

There is some more info online.

Google is your friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I'd like to see a 5850 Sapphire Vapor X sometime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

I'd like to see a 5850 Sapphire Vapor X sometime soon.

Wont happen,. They no one would buy any 5870s !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    The main difference is build uality actually :D It is not as big a factor for the first round of cards, but it still is a factor. XFX and Saphire are both top teir GPU manufactures, with HIS (iirc) a close second. Powercolour are t3h crapz
    they are all reference cards, theyre all nigh on the exact same other than the warranties offered, by game bundles or e.g. asus guarantee voltage overclocking.

Advertisement