Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Crawl in Limerick City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

slinky2000 wrote: »
    For a bunch of girls looking a bit of craic and to let the hair down stick to the main spots as mentioned.

Smyths
    Nancys
    Flannerys
    Icon
    Trinity Rooms
    Angel Lane
    Bailey
    Charlies
    Claws

For a bunch of twenty something year old girls; they probably are the spots but it does a say a lot about the lack of choice in Limerick. Only one pub (club) there I'd actually want to drink in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

NickDrake wrote: »
    I will add Magners to my list. Great spot

No, just no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Roadend wrote: »
    I can recall going to the White house one night
    I didn't stay long mind, the poetry was sh1te

Poetry only there on a Tuesday. Any other night its a great proper pub with great pints

No, just no

Why? Please tell? No Lady Gaga perhaps?

mrmanire wrote: »
    For a bunch of twenty something year old girls; they probably are the spots but it does a say a lot about the lack of choice in Limerick. Only one pub (club) there I'd actually want to drink in.

Lack of choice? Those types of pubs are prevelant in every city in Ireland

• Advertisement

Why? Please tell? No Lady Gaga perhaps?

Its a dingy dank hole with horrid pints. Its was rubbish when it was the thirsty scholar and a name change didn't change that fact.

They are terrible pubs. Not proper pubs at all. Awful drink and terrible music

Yeah those types of pubs are prevalent all over Ireland. The point I was making is that the pubs themselves aren't great pubs

Its a dingy dank hole with horrid pints. Its was rubbish when it was the thirsty scholar and a name change didn't change that fact.

Not into Guinness or Elvis then?

Poetry only there on a Tuesday. Any other night its a great proper pub with great pints
    I see that flew right over your head.

I get what you are attempting to say about load pubs blaring out modern plop music, but they are everywhere because people obviously like that kind of thing.

• Advertisement

I see that flew right over your head.

I get what you are attempting to say about load pubs blaring out modern plop music, but they are everywhere because people obviously like that kind of thing.

I am guessing you are one of those so and you wouldn't understand a proper Limerick pub that has the character of the city.

Not into Guinness or Elvis then?

Magners is actually a grand pub; small dingy and has a regular who looks like Elvis. Great pub but DEFINITELY not one for twenty something year old girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

if you guys dont stop fighting the girls will go to galway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭mormank

I am guessing your idea of "craic" is a loud teeny pub with terrible chart music blarring and terrible pints.

All I am doing is directing them to the real pubs in the city. Thats where the character and culture of the city is. Not in a pub that blares Lady Gaga and people are off their eads on smirnof ice and shots.

whats a "real pub"?? i see what you are getting at and i personally would prefer the pubs you are advocating, however to totally disregard other pubs that other people are suggesting as might be worth a visit is both condescending and rude i think.

john_cappa wrote: »
    if you guys dont stop fighting the girls will go to galway lol

No way, where else would you get poetry and an elvis lookalike. She's nailed on for Limerick.

mormank wrote: »
    whats a "real pub"?? i see what you are getting at and i personally would prefer the pubs you are advocating, however to totally disregard other pubs that other people are suggesting as might be worth a visit is both condescending and rude i think.

No need to take this too seriously. Not the Politics forums we're on!

No way, where else would you get poetry and an elvis lookalike. She's nailed on for Limerick.

I'm sure Galway has both too. They're definitely off to Limerick!

mormank wrote: »

Ah keep it in the pance. If you will read back Roadend and Craic and doing the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I am guessing your idea of "craic" is a loud teeny pub with terrible chart music blarring and terrible pints.

All I am doing is directing them to the real pubs in the city. Thats where the character and culture of the city is. Not in a pub that blares Lady Gaga and people are off their eads on smirnof ice and shots.

:rolleyes:

If you read my post I said some of the pubs weren't places I would frequent myself but that they would most likely meet the needs of the OP.
    I also said the pubs you mentioned were very good pubs, but unsuitable for what was asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Hey OP.

I take it from your username that your from Dublin, which places in dublin do yourself and your friends like. It will make it alot easier to recommend places in Limerick which are similar, much easier than reading through the constant arguments in this thread.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭mormank

tis firmly in my pants.if it wasnt i would not be typing i can assure you!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dubgirl24

Hey lads, thanks for all the advice. I've a serious list of pubs to be considering now. Galway was the chosen location last year so we're now waitin to see if limerick can live up to its standards. Suoopose a mix of both type of pubs wud be required for a proper pub crawl so will be taking all advice into account.
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

dubgirl24 wrote: »
    Hey lads, thanks for all the advice. I've a serious list of pubs to be considering now. Galway was the chosen location last year so we're now waitin to see if limerick can live up to its standards. Suoopose a mix of both type of pubs wud be required for a proper pub crawl so will be taking all advice into account.
    Thanks again

if its a crawl for all types of pubs you should start in
    Location Dock road (10 mins from OConnell st
    Dolans (unreal atmosphere trad secessions etc)
    clem smyths (next door to dolans)

Clohesseys (modern pub/club)

The old baily (modern fancy bar, popular for everyone)

mickey martins (modern pub with good music, foreign beer and wackey glasses, great for a couple and around the corner from oconnell st)

a few pubs and clubs around here include
    the underground (club)
    costelloes (club)
    theres one or 2 more ariund here i cant remember the names of!

charlies (good fun pub with plenty cocktails!)
    the old quarter (around the corner from charlies,modern bar with nex extension nextdoor with cocktails etc)

located around the corner from cruises st

Smyths (very popular pub with live band on the whole time, club nextdoor)
    Nancy blakes
    flannerys
    wicked chicken
    the cookoo box
    mollys (pub/club)
    (this street is loaded with pubs and clubs, its like the Limerick version of temple bar)

clubs in this area
    icon
    trinity rooms
    angel lane (over 21s club, deffinatelty best in city)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Wicked Chicken is in Taits Square, not Denmark Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

u people will argue about anything :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

zuroph wrote: »
    u people will argue about anything :D

It wasn't an arguement. I was right and some people just can't accept that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Avoid Bitter End unless you are a scobe and as previously posted in the 17-20 age group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

where actually is the Bitter End? Heard the name thrown around a bit lately and wondered where it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

End of Bedford row, near to the Dunnes. Has bars on the smoking area onto the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

Oh ya know the spot!!! used to be nevada's. seems to change name so often I can't really keep up

Advertisement