Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar with No Name (above Hogan's)

Options
  • 18-11-2009 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm looking to have birthday drinks somewhere next weekend, someone suggested the bar with no name above Hogan's off Fade St. They have a huge new smoking area? Is this place any good, I've only had a drink there ands that was last year.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

The first time I was there it was good, but was really disappointed the last few times we went, the bar staff were really, really rude to my friend on one occassion he let a girl go ahead of him and was told by the woman behind the bar that she would decide who to serve not him. :eek: Sometimes the crowd is not great either and the beer garden can be really packed with people standing and empty seats which people will tell you there are people sitting in but people never come and it seems they just don't like to have strangers sitting at the same table as them. God forbid they might strike up a conversation with someone they don't know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... in theory I like the place... but I always get an odd vibe any time I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I've never had a problem in there.

Staff have always been grand, but I know one or two of them (Or at least, did the last time I was there). The smoking area is grand, but it's a case of arriving early if you want a seat. Never had a problem sitting beside strangers too, and had a few good laughs in there. The crowd can be a bit up themselves, but tbh, it's easy ignore them.

They've got some nice cocktails too fwiw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bbor005

Refuse to go there out of principle....was there once and got a weird vibe, unfriendly and cold. Thought nothing of it.

Went there a few weeks later and was refused entry. We were a group of 6 (3 guys, 3 girls - everyone other than myself was Irish, we hadn't even had a drink yet and were dressed well). All my friends were waved through, but the bouncers said I couldn't get in because it was 'full'.

I asked them if it had anything to do with the fact that I have long hair and look latin, and the bouncers laughed in my face and said 'maybe you can try come back some other day'.

Only place I've been treated like that was in certain parts of eastern Europe. My friends were furious and called the bouncers "racist
    " but I just shrugged and decided to never go there again. Unbelievable really, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Staff are extremely rude, smoking section alright but at the weekend it's jammers and you'd be waiting forever for a drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Smoking section is great but get there early or otherwise it will be far too jammers.

Its nice and very sophisticated but you wouldn't really be having the craic there. I have been there over a dozen times now and its very difficult to get chatting to other people. Theres definatly a snobbish feel to the place. However a gang of you for birthday drinks it would be a cool place to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It was grand at the start but then it started getting a bit full of people who are up their own arses to be honest. Also - gets waaayyy too packed at night on the weekends.

Nice enough place for afternoon drinks though.

Oh and it's called Pinty's by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Always called it the snail bar but its owned by Hogans. Its ok for a few beers but had problems with bouncer myself wouldnt let me in my mate eventually persuaded him. Always crowded but decent smoking area.

I like the design as its like going to a house and not a pub

Advertisement