Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 Alarm Fault

• 18-11-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Suffered a power cut the other night.
    When power was restored key pad display panel is displaying a "Fault C"
    message. Can anyone advise me as to what this means.
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Not a good message to see, it means the keypad has lost communication with the panel. The panel could have been effected by a power surge when the power was switched back on and damaged the panel.

Open the lid of the panel by turning the two plastic screws to the verticsl position. Pull the lid towards you. On the far right of the board remove the little black plastic link where it says 'battery'. At where the mains comes in remove the plastic fuse holder. The panel is now powered down and the outside bell will ring. Now put the fuse back in and the battery link back on then the lid of the panel. If that didn't clear the fault i'd suggest the panel is flucked :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1 Fred

I have seen this with quite a few Astec panels recently and all had to be replaced. They were sent back to Astec and a lightning strike on power lines was deemed to be the most lightly culprit!

Advertisement