Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutgrove Shopping Centre Game Shop?

Options
  • 18-11-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Q. Would Nutgrove Shopping Centre benefit from having a game shop (GameStop/Game) in it?

Feedback as to why it would be a hit or miss would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

A Game Shop in Nutgrove -Hit or Miss? 7 votes

Hit
    0% 0 votes
    Miss
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'd say a combination game shop/video rental place would be well placed there alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dazbc

Wossack wrote: »
    I'd say a combination game shop/video rental place would be well placed there alright

Care to vote Wossack? :)

If it was a gamestop I'd def go there, Game, not so sure...

competition wise, I think its Game - Square tallaght, & Gamestop rathmines (?)

If it was a gamestop I'd def go there, Game, not so sure...

competition wise, I think its Game - Square tallaght, & Gamestop rathmines (?)

Competition wise, how do you think Dundrum (Game) would affect a game shop in Nutgrove??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

dazbc wrote: »
    Competition wise, how do you think Dundrum (Game) would affect a game shop in Nutgrove??

so much so that the nutgrove one would close within a year or 2 tbh

• Advertisement

!

hah, I dont know why, but I somehow had in my head we were talking about rathfarnham shopping center :o

nutgrove is suffering from dundrum alright - with them being so close to one another, and being the superior in practically every way - bar the parking..
    I cant quite recall, but I dont think nutgrove even has a supermarket anymore..? say having one would def increase walk-in trade from mothers with kids etc

also, nutgrove has an xtra vision, and an argos, so you'll be competiting with them somewhat

tbh, I'd change my vote from a yay, to a nay for nutgrove...

As I understand it there are 71 stores with a big Tesco and a Dunne's stores.

tbh, xtravision is very expensive and does'nt have a great selection.

There is only one game shop in Dundrum and that is Game, so I think a gamer would know that the better place to shop for a game/console would be the shop in Nutgrove. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There already is an Xtra-Vision there. And it does have a supermarket, Tesco. I think a game shop could work though. Wouldn't have to walk as far to get my games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I've gone in to Nutgrove a good few times to get a game in either Golden Discs or Xtra-vision (but they rarely have the game at a good price or at all). Because I am only looking for one game, i could not be arsed going into Dundrum Shopping centre.

If there was a dedicated games shop in Nutgrove, I would definitely use it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

There is only one game shop in Dundrum and that is Game, so I think a gamer would know that the better place to shop for a game/console would be the shop in Nutgrove. No?

I'd hope anyone going to Dundrum for games would go into HMV where they're generally cheaper. I suppose the selection of older games isn't as good though..

• Advertisement

I'd hope anyone going to Dundrum for games would go into HMV where they're generally cheaper. I suppose the selection of older games isn't as good though..

but there isn't a decent game shop in dundrum...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

tbh, xtravision is very expensive and does'nt have a great selection.

yeah, thats for a reason. not a great selection because no1 buys games in nutgrove.

there is already a game in nutgrove? ha! if there is already one there then good luck trying to fit in another. and having just googled it there doesnt seem to be a game in nutgrove.

i think also thats for a good reason. its a bad idea from every angle i look at it
    but there isn't a decent game shop in dundrum...

because it wouldnt work. the footfall isnt high enough and the footfall it does have arent the games buying crowd. the games shop market in dublin is saturated enough already for someone to squeeze one into an unprofitable shopping centre (games wise)

Jazzy wrote: »

there is already a game in nutgrove? ha! if there is already one there then good luck trying to fit in another. and having just googled it there doesnt seem to be a game in nutgrove.

There isnt a game shop in Nutgrove... There is a Game in Dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Q. Would Nutgrove Shopping Centre benefit from having a game shop (GameStop/Game) in it?

Feedback as to why it would be a hit or miss would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Can you please PM myself or another moderator about this thread. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement