Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringaskiddy directions?

Options
  • 18-11-2009 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have to be in Ringaskiddy tomorrow morning for 8.30am for work reasons. I am travelling from Galway and was wondering what would be the best way to get out to Ringaskiddy once I hit Cork city. I have a very basic knowledge of Cork as I travel to Clonakilty the odd time. Do I need to get onto the south ring and follow the signs for Ringaskiddy? What is traffic like at this hour of the morning? Any place to avoid or should it be reasonably smooth sailing down to Ringaskiddy?

Any advice at all would be welcome. I am on a tight schedule and need to be there for 8.30am exactly. Leaving Galway at 5am just in case!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Hi all

I have to be in Ringaskiddy tomorrow morning for 8.30am for work reasons. I am travelling from Galway and was wondering what would be the best way to get out to Ringaskiddy once I hit Cork city. I have a very basic knowledge of Cork as I travel to Clonakilty the odd time. Do I need to get onto the south ring and follow the signs for Ringaskiddy? What is traffic like at this hour of the morning? Any place to avoid or should it be reasonably smooth sailing down to Ringaskiddy?

Any advice at all would be welcome. I am on a tight schedule and need to be there for 8.30am exactly. Leaving Galway at 5am just in case!

Best bet is to take the tunnel southbound. After that take the second exit. then its about 3 mile in a straight line till you come to a roundabout, take the first exit ant its about 1.5 miles away. Its well signposted from the tunnel

Alot of factories down there are on shift work so traffic can be heavy about 8 a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

traffic should be ok ,if you go through the city before 8 you should be fine, or turn left just after blackpool shopping centre and go around the north link,come out at silversprings,then at the dunkettle roundabout take the exit for the south link, then take the second exit after the tunnel as above poster said

sorry if this is confusing it makes more sense when looking at google maps:)

Advertisement