Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rig from overclockers.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Works out at around €444 over here (we pay the super-high Irish VAT rate on OCUK stuff here :() without an operating system. Also bear in mind that that's a budget gaming system. It won't run games at super-high speeds with all the options and AA maxed!

How would a system ship without a BIOS?! :eek: If you mean Windows, nope, none included. And all modern motherboards have (wired) Ethernet built-in. Nor is a wifi card that expensive nowadays.

As for the monitor... €160 isn't extortionate for a 1080p screen, but there's probably cheaper. Bear in mind that its not a good companion for the system above; the HD4850 simply doesn't have the grunt for high-end, Full HD gaming. If you need 1080p for your 3DS/UDK work then you're looking at a much stronger and pricier system to get games to play nice with a 1920*1080 monitor! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

You need a 4870 min to run games at that res!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

Hmmm ok i dont need full 1080p for this computer, but I would like a monitor that I can plug my playstation in hdmi cable, I use that for most gaming anyway, so i dont need the graphics card to pump out 1080p, im in a little over my head have any of you any suggestions around the same pricerange?

edit: hmm how about http://www.ebuyer.com/product/170254 ? 4870 512mb?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

If you can stretch on the budget a bit, have a look out for a dell 2408 wfp monitor - it's got regular vga and dvi inputs for your comp, hdmi for your playstation and the actual panel itself is very good quality colour wise which is a major plus for your 3d work. I'm a full time 3d op and we use them in work - having the usb hub and card reader built in is damn handy too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement