Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry cleaners' who are good at ironing please

Options
  • 18-11-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Folks,

have a cashmere winter coat which is spotlessly clean, but needs a really good pressing.

I like my coat & don't want to hand it in just anywhere & hope for the best.

Any recommendations for a dry cleaner who does a good professional job of pressing? (preferably without dry cleaning it first)

Town or west if possible please!

thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I've always been happy with anything i've gotten back from O' Connors (I think thats the name of it) in Knocknaccarra in the same complex as Joyces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

BigB,

I think I said this here on some thread before, but I'd avoid that place near Joyces like the plague. They made a mess of a suit on me and they were incredibly rude as well. The in-laws (who live near there) had similar experiences as well.

I find the cleaners in Westside Shopping Centre very good.

churchview wrote: »
    BigB,

I think I said this here on some thread before, but I'd avoid that place near Joyces like the plague. They made a mess of a suit on me and they were incredibly rude as well. The in-laws (who live near there) had similar experiences as well.

I find the cleaners in Westside Shopping Centre very good.

Jaysus, we have total opposite opinions. I'll NEVER, EVER go back to the cleaners at Westside again, but have never had a problem with the ones at Joyces.

That's mad Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

No problem Dougal!

BigB,

Probably best to skip the cleaners and just ask JohnCleary if he'll iron it for you :D

No problem Dougal!

BigB,

Probably best to skip the cleaners and just ask JohnCleary if he'll iron it for you :D

A man of many talents I am; A man of ironing talent I am NOT! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

No problem Dougal!

BigB,

Well, he could get mad with the Bucky & crash out on top of it, I suppose.:D

You guys posts are exactly why i was looking for a few different opinions - for every good story, there's a bad one. I'm hoping I'll get a few rec's for the same place out of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Shannon dry cleaners in Bohermore are probably the safest bet tbh.

Always have a lot of Dry cleaning and find it very hit and miss in Galway I find, but Shannon are about the best.

Advertisement