Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ravens cut Hauschka

• 18-11-2009 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/11/Press_Release_-_Hauschka_Released.aspx

The guy's misses have cost us dearly this season but unless Ozzie has a trick up his sleeve on a replacement are you not better off with a hit and miss player who knows the team than a new guy going into the end of the season...

Personally unless I had a standout replacement its the kind of move to make during the off season... Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

my thoughts are they should never have let stover go. hauschka missed too much in such a short space of time. i think it's unfair but business is business, and boy is the NFL becoming more cut-throat than ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Definitely should have kept Automatic Matt!
    If needs be, they could have signed a rookie to the practice squad and he can watch and learn for a year.

I feel sorry for Hauschka but if you can't perform you lose your job. Maybe he'll get another shot with some other team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

columok wrote: »
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/11/Press_Release_-_Hauschka_Released.aspx

The guy's misses have cost us dearly this season but unless Ozzie has a trick up his sleeve on a replacement are you not better off with a hit and miss player who knows the team than a new guy going into the end of the season...

Personally unless I had a standout replacement its the kind of move to make during the off season... Thoughts?
    The commentators on MNF said that the Ravens brought in a few guys to try out versus Hauschka last week and he was better than any of them so kept his gig v. the Browns. Its a thankless task and you never appreciate a good one until he is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

evil_seed wrote: »
    my thoughts are they should never have let stover go. hauschka missed too much in such a short space of time. i think it's unfair but business is business, and boy is the NFL becoming more cut-throat than ever
    +1

Theres no reason to let stover go! He was one of the best in teh league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Boy I'm glad to have SeaBass and Lechler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Janikowski's up for a big contract from Davis at the end of the year I hear. He's a free agent as far as I know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Although its not a good sign if your punter and kicker are the best in the league! Our ST unit gets alot of practice due to inept offense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Ye seabass is due to get paid this offseason.

Advertisement