Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 109 Fight Card/Discussion

Options
  • 18-11-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭

UFC 109
    Date: Feb 06, 2010

Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center
    Broadcast: Pay-per-view

•Champ Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort (for middleweight title)*
    •Mark Coleman vs. Randy Couture*
    •Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller*
    •Renzo Gracie vs. Matt Hughes*
    •Matt Serra vs. TBA*
    •Rob Emerson vs. Phillipe Nover*
    •Rolles Gracie vs. Mostapha Al Turk*
    •Melvin Guillard vs. Ronnys Torres*

* - Not officially announced

Source : http://mmajunkie.com/event/658/ufc-109.mma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A light heavyweight matchup between UFC Hall of Famers Randy Couture (17-10 MMA, 14-7 UFC) and Mark Coleman (16-9 MMA, 7-4 UFC) is in the works for UFC 109.

Sherdog.com was the first to report that the two former UFC heavyweight champions have verbally agreed to the contest.

If signed, the bout will take place on Feb. 6 in Las Vegas.

Coleman debuted for the UFC in 1997 and earned the UFC 10 tournament title with wins over Don Frye, Gary Goodridge and Moti Horenstein. "The Hammer" also holds significant career wins over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Allan Goes, Igor Vovchanchyn, Kazuyuki Fujita and Dan Severn.

The soon-to-be-44-year-old Coleman left the UFC in 1999, but he returned to the organization in 2009. The Ohio native dropped his first bout to Rua in January, though he earned a unanimous-decision win over "The Ultimate Fighter 1" finalist Stephan Bonnar at July's UFC 100 event.

Couture's career briefly overlapped Coleman's after "The Natural" debuted at UFC 13 in 1997. The pair was scheduled to meet at UFC 17 in 1998, but a Couture injury forced the cancellation of the bout.

While Couture fought six times outside of the UFC, "Captain America" has spent the majority of his career inside the octagon. Couture fought most recently at this past weekend's UFC 105 event in the U.K., and he earned a hotly contested unanimous decision win over Brandon Vera.

The contest is expected to take the co-feature slot on the UFC 109 card, though it could certainly take top billing if Anderson Silva's rehabilitation process prevents a planned contest with Vitor Belfort from taking place

Source : http://mmajunkie.com/news/16888/report-randy-couture-vs-mark-coleman-in-the-works-for-ufc-109.mma

Lookinh to be a pretty solid card, be interesting to see Renzo v Hughes, but i'm thinking the Couture/Coleman match up could be a bit of a snooze fest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Top drawer card

3 fights well worth watching at the very least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

I think Couture V Coleman could be a great fight, two huge guys at LHW.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

I think this a great card:

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort (for middleweight title)*
    I don't really wanna see Silva lose but it would be nice to know he's still human:pac:

I still worry about Randy destroying his own legacy by going on too long but I think he'll have an answer for anything coleman can throw at him.

Was disappointed to see Maia knocked out in his last fight, he's a great fighter, one of the few who still make the ground game entertaining (dustin hazelett also). Hope he picks up a win.

I don't want to see Matt Hughes put away two Gracies but should be a good fight.

and Matt the Terra Serra! what more could you want!:D

• Advertisement

Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg just been put out on MMAJUNKIE, although unconfirmed by UFC so far

Source : http://mmajunkie.com/news/16936/matt-serra-and-frank-trigg-set-for-ufc-109-in-las-vegas.mma

UFC 109
    Date: Feb 06, 2010

Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center
    Broadcast: Pay-per-view

•Champ Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort (for middleweight title)*
    •Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg*
    •Rob Emerson vs. Phillipe Nover*
    •Rolles Gracie vs. Mostapha Al Turk*
    •Melvin Guillard vs. Ronnys Torres*

* - Not officially announced

Getting better and better :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

If that card above is confimed it would be a legend of a night, seriously good fights there :cool:

lil-evil wrote: »
    If that card above is confimed it would be a legend of a night, seriously good fights there :cool:

It won't be far off as the Superbowl weekend card is one of the biggest of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Woah what a (potential) card. Actually cant pick a boring fight there. Randy/Coleman maybe, could be quick too though.

Advertisement