Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jaspers

• 18-11-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

I've been considering buying a new Xbox for a while, I have a pro with 20gb hard drive, but the space is rapidly running out.

Are all the new 360s being sold now Jaspers (or is there a newer chipset?). The last thing i wanted is the new Xbox getting RROD after shelling out 200+ quid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Why would you want to throw away money and buy a new Xbox ? Just upgrade the hard drive if space is running out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I sent my, over three years old Box back 2 weeks ago and got a new one in return this mornig , :D:D:D. Just get a HDD for it and save the bucks. They seem to have an unlimited warrenty for RROD at the moment. They took my bro's 4 year old one back also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

bennyc wrote: »
    I sent my, over three years old Box back 2 weeks ago and got a new one in return this mornig , :D:D:D. Just get a HDD for it and save the bucks. They seem to have an unlimited warrenty for RROD at the moment. They took my bro's 4 year old one back also.

Well I'd prefer a more reliable one (the current one I have is from close to launch date, and has been repaired 3 times recently, likely to happen again as its the oldest chipset ), so if i'm swapping the hdd's, I might aswell go the whole hog and swap the chipsets too and be done with it. For the balance, it would be worth it.

Going back to my original question though, are all new consoles being sold now, Jaspers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Yes new xboxes have the Jasper. You can check the box before you buy anyway. Check out google for the tell tale signs.
    Bring your old xbox to Game and Trade it in against a new machine and ask the till op for a Jasper. Thats what I did. They know the score in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Have a read here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I've been considering buying a new Xbox for a while, I have a pro with 20gb hard drive, but the space is rapidly running out.

Are all the new 360s being sold now Jaspers (or is there a newer chipset?). The last thing i wanted is the new Xbox getting RROD after shelling out 200+ quid.

I recently just got the 250 Gig super elite... Have to say they are better, They run smoother, quieter, and are noticeably run allot cooler ! Even for long hours!

If i were you, i would trade your console into a game store for credit towards a new one.. You would have to get the elite now. they got a 100 euro price drop recently... First find a retailer who accepts trade ins on old 360s, I would go to Gamestop or GAME maybe Smyths its worth checking them all! The regular Elites are priced at around 240-260 with 3 or more games and an extra controller.. The 250 Gig Elites are all 299, For a Forza 3 pack or a Cod MW2 pack.. Heres a great deal worth considering....

http://www.toys.ie/consoleoffers/xbox/124993.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

bennyc wrote: »

:eek: no way !!!!!!!! did you just do this on the web site?

I have an almost 4 y/o launchy that as had a RRoD or 5 of the last few days.

Advertisement