Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sugar free treats that don't taste like rabbit food!

Options
  • 18-11-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    We have started a thing at work that we bring treats in on Fridays. They have to be home made and sweet. Its my turn this week. One guy doesn't eat sugar. Any ideas what I could make for him, cos the poor lad is usually left out! I love cooking and baking but can't seem to come up with something delicious and sugar free.

I'll probably make one big cake with sugar in it, and then one mini sugar free one. Any suggestions....

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Well, being Friday morning at this stage, it's a bit late, but I love stuffed vine leaves - They're not exactly sweet, but they still taste fantastic, and are far from being rabbit food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Best I can come up with so far is microwave popcorn.
    Not exactly homemade but I'm sure he'd appreciate being included.

Maybe you could buy something for him and do everyone elses homemade.
    Tesco do a free from range but I've never looked for free from sugar so not sure what would be suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Well, being Friday morning at this stage, it's a bit late, but I love stuffed vine leaves - They're not exactly sweet, but they still taste fantastic, and are far from being rabbit food :)

Hey Fajitas- didn't know you were a foodie and a photographer! Mmm I love stuffed vine leaves. They taste a lot better than the "healthy as f"ck" flapjacks that Ive made for him! Ill def remember these for next time! Cheers :) Hows life in London? You still hangin out takin photos with Pete? :)
    Mary-Ellen wrote: »
    Best I can come up with so far is microwave popcorn.
    Not exactly homemade but I'm sure he'd appreciate being included.

Maybe you could buy something for him and do everyone elses homemade.
    Tesco do a free from range but I've never looked for free from sugar so not sure what would be suitable.

Thanks mary Ellen, thats a deadly idea! Especially buttered popcorn! I think Ill go buy some popcorn on the way to work, cos he deserves a treat just for tasting the flapjacks Ive made!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

It depend on why he is avoiding sugar - eg. is he on a low carb diet or a diabetic. Sugar free jelly might be a safer bet (but stand to be corrected).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

katiemaloe wrote: »
    Hey Fajitas- didn't know you were a foodie and a photographer! Mmm I love stuffed vine leaves. They taste a lot better than the "healthy as f"ck" flapjacks that Ive made for him! Ill def remember these for next time! Cheers :) Hows life in London? You still hangin out takin photos with Pete? :)

I do love cooking too :)

I'm sure the flapjacks were fantastic, but definitely give the vine leaves a go - Homemade is the way to go with them. /craves

(And London's great, just heading into the pub with Pete in an hour :) )

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

You can make these chocolate muffins.

Don't worry, you can't taste the courgette! Get some good quality cocoa and they taste really rich. Add some rasberries, blob of clotted cream, bliss.:D

Advertisement