Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub first date

Options
  • 18-11-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All
    I have a first date with a nice girl on Sat.Im new enough in Galway.Any suggestions for a good pub to go to would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Monroes good spot

And ye can move on to Quay Street after that

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, Monroes has nice pizza so that'd be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Might be hot & sweatty on a Saturday night though, and you could find it difficult to talk over whatever plastic paddy 'trad' band is playing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Might be hot & sweatty on a Saturday night though, and you could find it difficult to talk over whatever plastic paddy 'trad' band is playing.
    It can be a bit prone to the Ringtone Wolfe Tones style acts. How's about somewhere off the beaten track where you can conduct a conversation and enjoy some quality drinking like the Salt House or maybe somewhere in Salthill like Lohan's or the Oslo. You then get the bonus dating activity of inspecting the prom.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Townhouse Bar, and onto Quay street...

or the Oz and work your way into town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Pub for a first date? Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Pub for a first date? Classy.

We're in a recession now don't ya know; none of them fancy dinners:p

I was brought for cocktails in the G on a date once; it was most impressive. Good idea if you can stretch to it; and will probably be quieter than most places on a Saturday night. Option to go across to the Huntsman for one or two aswell, and then on into town too if you want.

Deffo good date location/starting point; I remember at the time being very impressed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The G is great but eh, hope you're loaded!

zero19 wrote: »
    The G is great but eh, hope you're loaded!

Isn't the aim of a first date to impress:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

We're in a recession now don't ya know; none of them fancy dinners:p

I was brought for cocktails in the G on a date once; it was most impressive. Good idea if you can stretch to it; and will probably be quieter than most places on a Saturday night. Option to go across to the Huntsman for one or two aswell, and then on into town too if you want.

Deffo good date location/starting point; I remember at the time being very impressed:)

Hadnt thought of it like that, I like that idea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 underlay

Cheers for the replies guys

Best of luck with it OP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ah, but did it work?? :p:D

Zzippy wrote: »
    Ah, but did it work?? :p:D

For a time:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

I think the Salt House would be good. Plenty of mad brews and other drinks, loud enough to have an atmosphere and quiet enough to have a chat.

Then on to Quay Street after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

For the love of God, don't make the pub the actual date - Maybe to a pub for a drink or two AFTER doing something else, but don't make it the focal point of the date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Some guys like their girls like this !

;)

Advertisement