Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q Toilet problem

Options
  • 18-11-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey I got a toilet in B&Q, it was a cheap job, €99. It has one of those flush buttons in the top. Now when we go to flush and press that down, it wont come back up. If we lift the cistern head even slightly it will pop up. Anyone any ideas on how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its nothing serious it just needs slight adjustment. Can you take a photo of the mechanism at the back of the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Its nothing serious it just needs slight adjustment. Can you take a photo of the mechanism at the back of the lid.

Thanks, wont be home until 10 (getting texts from tenant at the mo) and I will take a photo then.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Hey here are the photos. There is a cable going from the button to the centre part that controls the flow of water, the "piston" that allows the water to go down is stuck an inch or so too high.

There are two controls in the loo, one is a little sliding thing that goes up or down about an inch which is located on the piston casing. There is also a type of screw thing which also goes down into the piston shaft which will raise a second type of casing inside the piston shaft along the side of the piston.

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You will have to forgive me when i said the mechanism at the back of the lid i actually ment flip over the lid and take a picture of the little box prob blue attached to the button.

What has happened by the sound of it is your clutch cable is kinked just give it as much freedom as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Not knowing much about the B&Q fellers, I'd go with Joey, but the one thing I have found over the years is that if the cistern is anything more complicated than the old-fashioned chain that you yank to flush, those blue tablets wrapped in plastic that you are supposed to drop in the cistern cause a build up of blue-grey gunk on all the moving parts and eventually seize the thing up. For that reason I won't let them into my house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement