Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best frozen Pizza

• 18-11-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

Chicago town pizzas are awesome.
    I much prefer them to take out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have never had a chicago town, but hear nothing but good things about them, its the only one I see constantly recommended here, most say better than any of the big boy takeaways.

I usually go for the fresh pepperoni ones is tesco, they have several "own brands", and these days there is nearly always one on offer, and you get lots of pepperoni, usually €2. In fact to buy the amount of pepperoni on some of them would be about €1.50 alone!

There is a thin base (Pizza pie I think) goodfellas with chicken and peppers which was nice. I usually lash on extra cheese & meat.

I find the biggest mistake is people overcooking pizza, takeaway ones are always all floppy. If you wet the edges before or during cooking it stops them burning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I really like Dr. Oetker's Ristorante: the Mozzarella and Pollo ones

Also Goodfella's Delicia: Margherita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

+1 for Dr. Oetker's.

I've never tried Chicago Town ones I'll get one next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Dr oetkers are best with those stonebaked goodfellas ones very close second.
    Chicago Town are nice at first but they are too greasy or something and you get sick of them fairly quick I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Definitely Chicago Town deep dish.They do 2 small ones in a pack too which is very handy. Goodfellas Friday Fever is very nice too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Chicago Town Takeaway (I like the cheese or chicken one, pepperoni one is a bit greasy) or Goodfellas Friday Fever (Meateor and Fajita are both really nice)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Italpizza's Stonebaked pizza's are good. I like the pepperoni one, I add my own jalepenos and some Franks, then it is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Chicago town pizzas are awesome.
    I much prefer them to take out.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Chicago town pepperoni or else the friday fever meateor. The Dr. Oetker Pizza's are often on special offer and quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

doctor oatker speciale is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think the Dr Oetker are too salty, I know,I know we are talking processed foods here but if I eat a Dr Oetkers I am parched afterwards and need to drink a lot of water!
    Never tried Chicago town Pizza but might try them, Who stocks them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

So how do takeaway places make the pizza's all floppy? They just wet the bottom of it? :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

+1 Chicago Town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Had a chicago town the other night and it was terrible. The tomato filled crust was nice but the rest of it was bland and tasteless. Horrible texture off the dough as well.

Friday Fever pizzas are fantastic, with the best and most original being Chicken Fajita. You wont be disappointed :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I really like the Goodfella's Friday Fever Meateor.

Advertisement