Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TZR 125cc

• 18-11-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Alrite guys and gals

just got a yammy tzr 125 2 stroke engine

was wondering what oil do i use for a 2 stroke engine

where does the oil go in a tzr i cant find it anywhere

does it need engine oil? where does it go ?

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Get yourself a Haynes manual ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

even just a normal manual will sort ya

http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp <- epic link

might have something suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Just the engine or the bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

no scope wrote: »
    Alrite guys and gals

Cheers
    ,,i tink the oil goes in a bottle under one of the saddles on them tings but i could be wrong,,ring up te previous owner and ask him wheres what go lol,,he'll be able to tell you for sure,,as for 2 stroke i always used rock oil fully senthetic and have no complaints in recommending it ,,dosent smell as good as some others but it dose the job good,

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mantaraver

Great wee engine these. Used to have a self tuned tzr meself years ago, feckin thing maxed out at 107 mph. Very easily tuned by modifying the exhaust and intake with a file :rolleyes:
    Back to the op's question tho, The 2-stroke oil is injected into the side of the carb via a small pump run of a shaft which connects, irc, to the topside of the crankcase. Should be somewhere under the carb if u have a look there.

Just outta curiosity, what ya sticking the engine in to ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

mantaraver wrote: »
    Great wee engine these. Used to have a self tuned tzr meself years ago, feckin thing maxed out at 107 mph. Very easily tuned by modifying the exhaust and intake with a file :rolleyes:
    Back to the op's question tho, The 2-stroke oil is injected into the side of the carb via a small pump run of a shaft which connects, irc, to the topside of the crankcase. Should be somewhere under the carb if u have a look there.

Just outta curiosity, what ya sticking the engine in to ?

Don't think he's sticking it in to anything, he bought the tzr the other day going by a thread on here, think he was just wondering where the oil goes on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Op take the seat off with your key. The oil goes in a little bottle at the back with a black cap. I was told to use semi-synthethic on mine from my dealer because it was what it had always run on. One previous owner.

Have fun and enjoy your bike. if it is in good nick, it will be a real screamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭no scope

cheers for the reply lads :)

how did you manage to modify it with a file

would it be worth buying a new exhaust for these bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mantaraver

how did you manage to modify it with a file

Plugged it into me laptop and downloaded a new map :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Haha, couldn't resist that. No, I was talking about filing metal from the top edge of the powervalve, and also from the transfer ports. Helps shift the powerband higher but makes it a bit peaky ( it is a stroker after all :D )
    would it be worth buying a new exhaust for these bikes

Micron power pipe ftw. Dunno if the're still made tho. Make a noticable difference anyway to the power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Alrite guys and gals

Cheers

I remember a guy in Tullamore had one that was blue with yellow flames on the tank.
    But that was 13 years ago and I was just a kid ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭no scope

heres a picture of the rocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

she's a grand yoke

Advertisement