Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticket Thursdays from Dublin Bus - Discounts & offers until 03/12/09

• 18-11-2009 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Mixed bag, may be of use to some
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Ticket-Thursdays/
    Dublin Bus has teamed up with a host of great City Centre stores, restaurants and venues to bring you even more value from your prepaid ticket.
    Simply present your prepaid ticket at participiating outlets on valid Thursdays and you can avail of exclusive discounts and fantastic offers on everything from shopping to eating out, to things to see and do.
    Look at it as our little way of saying thanks for taking the bus.

Terms and conditions apply.
    Offer only available on Thursday November 12th, 19th, 26th and on Thursday December 3rd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

What I'd like to see is a discount on prepaid tickets. Whtas the point of buying something you might lose in bulk when its the same price for 1 go?
    People say its easier etc, but theres nothing drawing me to prepay and tbh some of these offers ive seen around the place too like on reciepts, newspapers and in the post so they arent all exclusive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Prepaid is handy too if you dont want to be carrying around change, and of course depending on where you start from some prepaid tickets are a good saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

Cian A wrote: »
    What I'd like to see is a discount on prepaid tickets. Whtas the point of buying something you might lose in bulk when its the same price for 1 go?
    People say its easier etc, but theres nothing drawing me to prepay and tbh some of these offers ive seen around the place too like on reciepts, newspapers and in the post so they arent all exclusive

Indeed, Dublin Bus should be offering significant discounts on pre-pay tickets. The discount should reflect the real costs of cash based ticketing;

- time required to get people on the bus
    - time required to count/store money
    - banking costs for cash deposits
    - security risk to drivers

They live in the stone-age when it comes to these types of things, though! Integrated ticketing, anyone? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

Did a quick doc with them listed, save you having to select each individual link in dublin bus. ;)

Advertisement