Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica european tour 2010

Options
  • 18-11-2009 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Tallica just announced a few european tour dates for next april, wonder if they will come here again and play the o2 instead of the usual outdoor ****e. Seen them indoors in florida 2 months ago as well as a few times in the point - different kettle of fish indoors!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm waiting for the O2 in London again. Love that venue.

Looks like they'll be doing the European festivals too then if they're in Europe in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Looking forward to announcements. Great thing about living beside London is the short distance, and the huge possibility that Metallica will stop there.

Dublin indoors is a possibility, as they promised as many indoor shows as possible !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

tis funny only yesterday i was wondering when metallica would announce their european summer dates :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

to be honest if it's in the summer that they announce a date for here I can't see it being anything but an outdoor gig again.......I guess they make more cash from them........

but as mentioned they are a different beast indoors, and would love to see them here indoors rather than travelling to London again - not that I mind travelling so much....would just be a great atmosphere indoors here I think, and 10years of outdoor gigs, we are due an indoor one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

jesus h

america's
    Ireland's annual touring band visits again for more money. I wont be going, ive already gone to see them twice so thats enough :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 leixman

Sher dont go then!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Max Power1 wrote: »
    jesus h

america's
    Ireland's annual touring band visits again for more money. I wont be going, ive already gone to see them twice so thats enough :P

I went to see them in Marley, but that was for the support acts, I'm not even a fan of Metallica, probably cause they get too over-hyped by people who just started listening to metal, and the fact that they have gotten more and more towards hard rock as time has gone on. Just my opinion though

I don't mind people who are old fans of them, it's just people who just started listening to metal and think that Metallica are the best thing to ever happen to metal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TAMAMAN92

I will die if metallica dont announce a dublin date,cause I'v got me leaving cert in june so I cant really be travelling up to belfast or over to london.PLEASE COME TO DUBLIN METALLICA!!!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

TAMAMAN92 wrote: »
    I will die if metallica dont announce a dublin date,cause I'v got me leaving cert in june so I cant really be travelling up to belfast or over to london.PLEASE COME TO DUBLIN METALLICA!!!!!!!:eek:

Don't worry, if you miss them this year they'll be back next summer. And the one after that. And the one after that..

Denny M, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'd seen them 3 times. Only went to crappy Marlay Park because of AIC and Thin Lizzy (who got cancelled :mad:) It was only decent because we got pit passes and could wander around. Worst Metallica show I'd been to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Yeah I didnt bother with Marley park after thin lizzy pulled out. Metallica shows just seem to get more and more watered down... I'd rather go see metalitia to be honest(!!!) way more energy
    haha that sounds mad

• Advertisement

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Don't worry, if you miss them this year they'll be back next summer. And the one after that. And the one after that..

Denny M, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'd seen them 3 times. Only went to crappy Marlay Park because of AIC and Thin Lizzy (who got cancelled :mad:) It was only decent because we got pit passes and could wander around. Worst Metallica show I'd been to though.

I suppose.
    I think last year was either hit or miss for some people.It was a hit for me though,exellent gig from where I was,although marley park is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus I thought they were great at Marley Park last year. It was the first time I'd seen them since the top hat gig in Dun Laoghaire back in the 80s and didn't know what to expect.

I thought Hetfield sang great and had an enthusiasm about him on stage that was great to see. The set was great and after the debacle that was AC/DC at Punchestown, I thought Marley Park was a decent venue, very well organised with easy access and good facilities.

I'll go to see them next year if they play here. Would prefer the o2 this time.

adox wrote: »
    Jaysus I thought they were great at Marley Park last year. It was the first time I'd seen them since the top hat gig in Dun Laoghaire back in the 80s and didn't know what to expect.

I thought Hetfield sang great and had an enthusiasm about him on stage that was great to see. The set was great and after the debacle that was AC/DC at Punchestown, I thought Marley Park was a decent venue, very well organised with easy access and good facilities.

I'll go to see them next year if they play here. Would prefer the o2 this time.
    I know a fella who went to that Dun Laoghaire gig.He said it was exellent.I wasnt born unfortunately:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

metal just isn't the same out doors. you lose the intensity. better to do an indoor venue for sure or 2/3 nights in smaller venues. maybe they'll do the o2- if they announce the o2 I might even go meself, and I haven't seen them live since the justice tour back in the top hat

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

May 11 Belfast, N. Ireland Odyssey Arena SOLD OUT!
    May 12 Belfast, N. Ireland Odyssey Arena On Sale Now

From Metallica.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Meh-tallica! :D .. yes trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fpsjimbo

I would love to see Metallica play Marley again for my dad works works there and i get free tickets haha !

but from there performance in august there defo worth 65-70 quid to see in the point !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

H1tmonlii wrote: »
    May 11 Belfast, N. Ireland Odyssey Arena SOLD OUT!
    May 12 Belfast, N. Ireland Odyssey Arena On Sale Now

From Metallica.com

Ah they have to come to Dublin if they're coming to Ireland. There's no way they would just leave it at Belfast and go off. I'd say they will come to Dublin but if not, I don't know. I guess a road trip to N.Ireland is in order for me and the lads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 shebafay

im just back from seeing these guys in las vegas, and it was worth every cent. indoors is a totally different gig altogether. the sound is unbelievable. looking forward to belfast. these guys are on fire on this prolonged tour

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Ah they have to come to Dublin if they're coming to Ireland. There's no way they would just leave it at Belfast and go off. I'd say they will come to Dublin but if not, I don't know. I guess a road trip to N.Ireland is in order for me and the lads:D

Not if the venue doesn't suit. Besides, its not as if Belfast is far away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

TAMAMAN92 wrote: »
    I know a fella who went to that Dun Laoghaire gig.He said it was exellent.I wasnt born unfortunately:(
    I saw them there in 1989 with Danzig - feckin amazing. That was when they were good of course!
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    (I've just seen that they have added a second date there also!)
    I'm convinced there will be some kind of outdoor event - punchestown maybe? (I'm living in hope that the big four decide to tour!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

kbannon wrote: »
    I saw them there in 1989 with Danzig - feckin amazing. That was when they were good of course!
    (I've just seen that they have added a second date there also!)
    I'm convinced there will be some kind of outdoor event - punchestown maybe? (I'm living in hope that the big four decide to tour!)

There's a Sonisphere show in Poland which so far has Metallica,Slayer and Anthrax on the same bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭markyedison

I must really be in the minority cos i've seen them four times now and i thought last year was the best yet! but then i think Death Magnetic is the album i've been waiting 20 years for:D

really hoping for an indoor gig too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

lord lucan wrote: »
    There's a Sonisphere show in Poland which so far has Metallica,Slayer and Anthrax on the same bill.

Anthrax would be worth a peek if JOhn Bush is back with them..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

seachto7 wrote: »
    Anthrax would be worth a peek if JOhn Bush is back with them..

Yeah,their official site currently lists them as singer-less,they'd be mad not to get Bush back on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

lord lucan wrote: »
    Yeah,their official site currently lists them as singer-less,they'd be mad not to get Bush back on board.

well Bush is doing the Oz and Japanese dates with them and I'd be stunned if he wasn't back with them full time and doing the Euro dates - all reports to date are that it's working out for both parties - and in my opinion he's the only choice at this stage.....

I must really be in the minority cos i've seen them four times now and i thought last year was the best yet! but then i think Death Magnetic is the album i've been waiting 20 years for:D

really hoping for an indoor gig too!

totally agree with ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

do they still open the set with the ecstacy of gold?- the top hat gig was mad. damage inc and battery.. man it was good to be alive.......didn't glenn danzig do last caress with them? feckn deadly.

I haven't listened to any antrhrax since among the living. which wasn't great imo. course scott ian got into SOD then and I started to listen to lots of cross over stuff, MOD, SOD, DRI. ST..

Is the SFX still up?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

steveone wrote: »
    didn't glenn danzig do last caress with them? feckn deadly.
    He did IIRC - I used to have the tape of the gig - must look for it next time I'm in the folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 callie35

Am i the only one who thought they were fantastic in Marlay 2008 & 2009!? Saw them in the Point few years back & yes fantastic as ever but i'm not a fan of the O2 at all, can't possibly have so many seated places at a Metallica show!! It's outdoor or nothing for me...bringing my 9yo nephew this year too, he's gonna flip!

Advertisement