Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica european tour 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Went to both marlay shows. This years and lasts..
    Although I thought 2008s was ****ing brilliant somehow this years was even better :pac:

Great set lists maybe last years being better for most cause of the old songs but I prefer death magnetic to the black album so it was all good :cool:

At the time I didnt want them to start with that was just your life.. but now im actually dissapointed I havent heard this live myself. Its an absolutely excellent opener and my favourite song off the new album these days.
    Unfortunately I cant get up to Belfast, If i could id be there for both nights. The way metallica switch up the sets both nights would be brilliant. If the shortest straw is played I wont be pleased on missing out :mad:
    Fecking exams :mad:

Still I feel the need to share That was just your life from Mexico. Enjoy its greatness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

callie35 wrote: »
    Am i the only one who thought they were fantastic in Marlay 2008 & 2009!? Saw them in the Point few years back & yes fantastic as ever but i'm not a fan of the O2 at all, can't possibly have so many seated places at a Metallica show!! It's outdoor or nothing for me...bringing my 9yo nephew this year too, he's gonna flip!

I enjoyed both gigs too. I found both gigs were both different despite being in the same place which was pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

kbannon wrote: »
    He did IIRC - I used to have the tape of the gig - must look for it next time I'm in the folks

if you find that tape don't declare it.. lars might take exception..:D
    of course they were they days when we queued for tapes on o'connell bridge
    from some san fran pub gig or other...

someone always had a new tape.
    I remember the time I (might have) got my hands on TAB for puppets imported from the states (1988/89)with the solos which was good because I had picked them out by ear (I played trad so I was encouraged to learn by ear as a kid) but theres always room for improvement. I (might have) spent a whole day copying them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Big 4 all on the same stage!! Feck the point,i'm hoping we get an outdoor show with all 4 together now!

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602847

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

lord lucan wrote: »
    Big 4 all on the same stage!! Feck the point,i'm hoping we get an outdoor show with all 4 together now!

If they come to Dublin, I hope ticketmaster hand out large boxes of condoms and boxes of kleenex to all male revellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Het-Field wrote: »
    If they come to Dublin, I hope ticketmaster hand out large boxes of condoms and boxes of kleenex to all male revellers.

Lol.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RexBanner316

At the R.D.S 2007 I think it was, they played the whole puppets album, best night of my life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

At the R.D.S 2007 I think it was, they played the whole puppets album, best night of my life!!!

Was '06, One of my Fave metallica gigs after waiting all day in the sun to get pit passes!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

All 4 for Sonisphere Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hmm, do I go see them for a 3rd time?

I'd rather not, and use the money to see other bands that I haven't seen before. Not that Metallica aren't great or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

callie35 wrote: »
    Am i the only one who thought they were fantastic in Marlay 2008 & 2009!? Saw them in the Point few years back & yes fantastic as ever but i'm not a fan of the O2 at all, can't possibly have so many seated places at a Metallica show!! It's outdoor or nothing for me...bringing my 9yo nephew this year too, he's gonna flip!

Have you seen them indoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

lord lucan wrote: »

Nice one...hopefully they do a full tour. I havent seen Megadeth in 18 years and I haven't seen Anthrax since they stormed off the stage after a few songs around 1989.

Mastodon and Motorhead have been added to the bill in Zurich.

Alice Cooper and Rammstein are plaing at other venues.

I firmly believe that this could be the coolest tour of all time !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Have to say that was a class gig the only thing that disappoints me about metallica these days is kirks complete lack of guitar playing lol its almost like hes not trying anymore or doesnt give a **** theres not one good solo on death magnetic and on the new dvd most of his solos have been magically corrected in the studio so irritating because he HAS got the ability to do it!! Saying that i more than likely will go to the oddessy and if they announce a big four gig over here i will be there will BIG shiney bells on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 carina88

They are not playing in Dublin this summer but they have 2 Belfast concerts in may, 11th and 12th, if thats any good to you?

It will be an indoor concert, I am travelling up to it from Cork, cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 noprayerforme

dublin INDOORS plz!!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

carina88 wrote: »
    They are not playing in Dublin this summer but they have 2 Belfast concerts in may, 11th and 12th, if thats any good to you?

It will be an indoor concert, I am travelling up to it from Cork, cant wait!
    So you are 100% sure that there are no concerts somewhere on this island yet to be announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 carina88

So you are 100% sure that there are no concerts somewhere on this island yet to be announced?

I hope they do play in ireland, but they would have announced it by now but then they still might, i dont see why they wouldnt play here, I dont mind going to Belfast, went to Belfast to see queens of the stone age as Dublin gig was sold out venue is great.

And im looking forward to it been a indoor gig as last two years i have seen metallica in Marley park so interested to see the difference, everyone says indoors is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'd be around 98% certain they won't announce a gig in Dublin this year.......certainly not in the first half of the year.......and were they to announce another Marley Park or outdoor gig anywhere I'd no really be bothered....

They said the next leg of the tour was focussing on places they hadn't played before or hadn't played in a long long time - like being back in Belfast for the first time in 21 years.....if they aren't playing dates in the UK and don't see why they'd add Dublin ?
    also although there are dates available for them in May and June the available dates are getting fewer and they will be back in the US at the end of June.....

NIBBS wrote: »
    I'd be around 98% certain they won't announce a gig in Dublin this year.......certainly not in the first half of the year.......and were they to announce another Marley Park or outdoor gig anywhere I'd no really be bothered....

They said the next leg of the tour was focussing on places they hadn't played before or hadn't played in a long long time - like being back in Belfast for the first time in 21 years.....if they aren't playing dates in the UK and don't see why they'd add Dublin ?
    also although there are dates available for them in May and June the available dates are getting fewer and they will be back in the US at the end of June.....

The tour is at an end in August. They might do a festival or two, such as Reading. But that would be it. I could see a few dates in Australia/New Zealand (Indoors), and something in Japan. That will be it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement