Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Player query

• 18-11-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've recently just subscribed to sky tv so that i can use it on my xbox 360 aswel. However, after looking into it further it turns out you have to be a subscriber to multi-room. So, seeing as though its an extra 10er or so i decided maybe it'l be worth it. The problem/confusion i have is; when you subscribe to sky multiroom you have to get another box anyway. So does this only benefit people who have already got multiroom and have an xbox on a 3rd tv? Does anybody know something that i might be missing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You can sign up for sky player multiroom for €7.50 a month, no need for a second box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I think Sky Multiroom is closer to €15pm. Basically you could either get an extra box in your house and be entitled to Skyplayer free or you could just pay €14.75 a month to Sky Player to use it on your XBox.

I had sky just recently moved and had to go NTL but I got my 1monthfree subscription and without movies I really don't think it would be worth it.

NothingMan wrote: »
    I think Sky Multiroom is closer to €15pm. Basically you could either get an extra box in your house and be entitled to Skyplayer free or you could just pay €14.75 a month to Sky Player to use it on your XBox.

You think wrong, it's definitely €7.50 for sky player multiroom. Only really worth it if you're subscribed to the sports channels because you get the movies on demand without multiroom.

http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/content/SKYENTERTAINMENT/Hidden_Channels/Sky_Player_TV_Subscription/content/l/l/content/bundlePage.do

ShaneU wrote: »

You may be right, but I was checking it out on Monday and it was €14.75. Maybe Sky Player Multiroom is different than Sky Multiroom as in an extra sky box, cos that's defo around €15.

The link you gave was for the UK though, and sky and everything is a lot better value there.

Edit/ Just found this again. It is €14.75. You can watch on Demand for free but you need a subscription for live TV channels. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 darreldinho

so what i need to do is subscribe to sky player multiroom and it should be good to go then?

• Advertisement

so what i need to do is subscribe to sky player multiroom and it should be good to go then?

Yep, as far as I can see. But use the 1 month free first to see if it's worth 14.75 a month. But there's no contract so you can opt out anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 darreldinho

unreal, thanks for the help.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Yep, as far as I can see. But use the 1 month free first to see if it's worth 14.75 a month. But there's no contract so you can opt out anytime.

Sky player multiroom is €7.50 a month, the xbox site is wrong, it even says €7.50 in accounts and settings on the sky player site. https://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/content/Home/Application_Navigation/Accounts_%26_Settings/content/accountsAndSettings.do

"Available subscriptions:

SKY PLAYER MULTIROOM

If you want to watch live TV channels on Sky Player, and you're not already subscribed to Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited, you can now subscribe to Sky Player Multiroom and watch TV from Sky wherever you are for only £5.00/ €7.50 per month. You can subscribe for as little as one month, and there's no need for additional set top boxes or installation fees."

Regular multiroom is €14.75 a month, completely different.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sky player multiroom is €7.50 a month, the xbox site is wrong, it even says €7.50 in accounts and settings on the sky player site. https://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/content/Home/Application_Navigation/Accounts_%26_Settings/content/accountsAndSettings.do

"Available subscriptions:

SKY PLAYER MULTIROOM

If you want to watch live TV channels on Sky Player, and you're not already subscribed to Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited, you can now subscribe to Sky Player Multiroom and watch TV from Sky wherever you are for only £5.00/ €7.50 per month. You can subscribe for as little as one month, and there's no need for additional set top boxes or installation fees."

Regular multiroom is €14.75 a month, completely different.

That looks right alright. I logged in with my details and €7.50 is what it says. Very misleading on the XBox site.

Cheers Shane.

Advertisement