Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steven Reid

• 18-11-2009 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭

Steven Reid gone to QPR on loan, I thought (if fit) that he would go straight into the Blackburn team :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Must be fooked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Not good news.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Without the injury problems, I believe Reid would be good enough for a top 7 side. Shame it's come to this.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Not good news indeed, though it will definitely improve his fitness. Is it for the rest of the season or just a couple of months? Hopefully the latter and he's still in Big Sam's plans. It'd obviously be preferable if our players are playing at the highest standard, but *sighs* c'est la vie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Very suprising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wow, very surprised at that. He's better than the two we have in the team tonight, even if he's not 100% fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

No wonder Trap ignored him. He must be fcuked.

Plus, the Championship is one of the hardest leagues in English football, he will be kicked from piller to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

keano_afc wrote: »
    Wow, very surprised at that. He's better than the two we have in the team tonight, even if he's not 100% fit.

is he tho? really? i have no memory of a performance in an irish shirt that supports that theory. i feel that steven reid has been romanticised by irish fans while injured..he is not as good as people here make out imo...and with his injury worries i think the sooner ppl forget about him as an option the better! better to think of him as a bonus when available and not as a first choice for ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeah he's gone I think as a 40 game a season player, will be shocked if I ever see him being a regular for Ireland too

McCann, McCarthy and Garvan are our best hopes for CM at the moment i'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

He's only going to QPR as injury cover too, according to the report on the BBC! Very strange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

So was Trap right then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

;wrong thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

mormank wrote: »
    is he tho? really? i have no memory of a performance in an irish shirt that supports that theory. i feel that steven reid has been romanticised by irish fans while injured..he is not as good as people here make out imo...and with his injury worries i think the sooner ppl forget about him as an option the better! better to think of him as a bonus when available and not as a first choice for ireland

Against Norway in a friendly a while back he was absolutely class, controlled the game, set the tempo and made countless lovely crisp passes. But the other two did finally show they have something to offer tonight. Bizarre he's going out on loan, if he was fcuked then why would QPR take him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

If i remember correctly he played in the 0-0 draw in paris a few years back and ran the midfield. He is a quality player just dogged by injury. A fit Stephen Reid I would happily have in the Liverpool side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

If he could stay injury-free, he would be good enough for any of the top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

might be a bargain for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

is this true??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

This is perfect for Reid. Get himself going again, prove his worth and get back to Blackburn or earn a move to a side that don't just want to hoof it.

Hope it works out for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

joe123 wrote: »
    If i remember correctly he played in the 0-0 draw in paris a few years back and ran the midfield. He is a quality player just dogged by injury. A fit Stephen Reid I would happily have in the Liverpool side.

i'm afraid you're mixing him up with kevin kilbane, who ran the midfield that night, and got man of the match deservedly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

i'm afraid you're mixing him up with kevin kilbane, who ran the midfield that night, and got man of the match deservedly.
    Hence Zinedine Kilbane yeah? Can't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Big Sam has made some strange moves with players before - sent Derbyshire to Greece last season in January where Derbyshire was banging them for fun and ended up playing Samba up-front for some games - so I wouldnt automatically assume Reid is finished.

Fingers crossed Reid gets going again but he's been out for a long stretch now.

QPR have a fair bit of cash and he could be going to offer them a quality option in the centre of the park while simultaneously getting a bunch of games to help him challenge for a startiing spot for Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

A fit S.Reid would be just what Villa need imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Qpr need cover with Rowlands and Gavin Mahon now long term injured. The move hasnt been confirmed yet but is likely to be today. Will be an excellent signing for us if it happens and he stays fit. Could work out well for the player and Blackburn too if he manages a run of games and gets his confidence back to play at the top level. Is he out of contract at the end of the season? Qpr have a habit lately of signing people near the end of contracts on loan with a view to permanent moves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

QPR pushing for promotion.As previously stated there is a lot of money invested in them. He may be a premier league player next year with them. They are a footballing side who like to pass the ball as against hoofing it.

Hope he stays and they go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He was very good against Georgia earlier in the campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Id be doing well to mix up Kilbane and Reid. He played in that game though and played class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

The less he plays the better he gets.

If Reid could stay fit for a season he'd win the Ballon d'or.

JPA wrote: »
    The less he plays the better he gets.

If Reid could stay fit for a season he'd win the Ballon d'or.

agreed. i really do not agree with people who are saying that if he could stay fit he would be good enough for a top 4 side. mind you, having said that, wasnt he being linked with man utd a few years back?? perhaps i am wrong, but i would need confirmation on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

agreed. i really do not agree with people who are saying that if he could stay fit he would be good enough for a top 4 side. mind you, having said that, wasnt he being linked with man utd a few years back?? perhaps i am wrong, but i would need confirmation on that

Very tentatively he was linked to United if I recall correctly. Maybe one report.

• Advertisement

ya so he was never actualy gonna go there. thats right. nah i dont think he is the savior of irish football. he could be a key component however..like a certain other mr reid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Not surprised to be honest, he has about 130 mins first team gametime this season and people were calling for him to be in the Ireland squad, that was laughable.

Blackburn don't need him in the centre of midfield anytime soon and playing at QPR will be much better for all involved than continuing with reserve team football.

I'd love to see him back to full fitness, but i can't see it happening, i have been waiting for years as it is.

Advertisement