Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

professional indemnity form help

Options
  • 18-11-2009 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi guys,

Just filling out a proposal form here to get a quote.

One question is "What is the amount of indemnity now required?"

I don't know what the amount of indemnity should be. How would I decide this?

I am a small, low risk, newly registered client so just starting out and have only one client myself at the moment so i have nothing prior to go on.

Any input would be great?:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Professional indemnity for what? Insurance Broker ? Solicitor? eg rates for an insurance broker will usually be higher when just starting off. A solicitor just starting off will get a huge shock as the cost of Professional Indemnity will go through the roof and estimated to cost as much as 20-25K becuase of potentialand pending claims in this great country of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bishops palace

Oh sorry I omitted that. I'm a self employed accounting technician providing accounting and bookkeeping services for my client including payroll and vat for €1,200 per year. Obviously I would be hoping to grow to more than one client but I only have the one at the moment.

I was advised by my accounting body to seek prof indemnity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Advertisement