Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

air rifle

Options
  • 18-11-2009 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

im looking to get an air rifle for crows, there is loads around here, the question i have is would the crows be enough of a reason to get the licence or would i need to get land owners permission/join a club. can any one recommend a good beginners rifle and place to buy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

jap gt wrote: »
    im looking to get an air rifle for crows, there is loads around here, the question i have is would the crows be enough of a reason to get the licence or would i need to get land owners permission/join a club. can any one recommend a good beginners rifle and place to buy

I believe it would be illegal on several grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

a bit more info please

I do not believe shooting crows is legal unless they are bothering your livestock.

Shooting birds with a rifle is also I believe a no-no.

Similarly shooting any animal with an airrifle.

they are bothering livestock, we keep hens turkeys sheep etc

I suppose you could apply for vermin control, but you would probably be better applying for a shotgun.

It seems looking at past posts to be a gray area, many people have gotten airrifles for vermin control and use but the law says you cannot use against birds.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055539981&highlight=airrifle+illegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

say you want it for hunting rats and just work away at the crows;)

will i have to get a few landowners permission, or could i get it just to use around home, got the form today and the gaurd gave no info at all, so any info from people that got air rifles would be great

Advertisement