Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City Hotel with lots of car parking space?

Options
  • 18-11-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering could you help me out with finding a good hotel in Galway city that has good sized car park?

A few of us from the motors section are looking into organising a charity drive around Ireland for next summer and we plan on staying in Galway city on a Friday night.

So we need a hotel that is decent enough but will be able to accommodate around 20 cars as well.

So has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The radisson pops to mind, it has quite a sizeable underground/indoor/covered parking area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

draffodx wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm wondering could you help me out with finding a good hotel in Galway city that has good sized car park?

A few of us from the motors section are looking into organising a charity drive around Ireland for next summer and we plan on staying in Galway city on a Friday night.

So we need a hotel that is decent enough but will be able to accommodate around 20 cars as well.

So has anyone any suggestions?

Radisson has it's own car park and a multistorey across the road.(this is the most central option)

Salthill hotel has large carpark; very decent in fact, usually a lot of space in it too.

Flannerys has a decent sized carpark.

Clayton has a good sized one too but it's a bit out.

I think other events like these have used the Salthill hotel and the Clayton as bases previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

All been said above really. Any of the car parks mentioned above that have a gate (ie. paid cark park) will be free if you stay in the hotel.

Salthill Hotel/Galway Bay doesn't have a gate system, free for all.

Clayton has plenty of parking too but not really 'city' tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks for the help, are any of them paid parking even if you stay in the hotel?

Nope!! This isn't Dublin:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Jurys, The Spanish Arch Hotel, and The House Hotel all use Claddagh Car Park, which is the same building as Jurys.

The Westwood on the Clifden Road has parking. 091-521442.

Can anyone come to the motors meet???

Fey! wrote: »
    Jurys, The Spanish Arch Hotel, and The House Hotel all use Claddagh Car Park, which is the same building as Jurys.

Thanks, yes, you mean the regular motors meets? yes from time to time a meet will be posted in the motors section, you can attend that and then after meeting everyone you can ask to be included in the super secret private forum :D

You can pm Onkle for details either, most Dublin meets take place on a weekday evening while all ireland events (which are getting hard to get going) usually take place in roscrea or maybe portlaoise for the next one

Fey! wrote: »

The Claddagh carpark is an appalling carpark tho; probably one of the most badly designed multistorey carparks in Ireland and the carparks in the Salthill hotel and the Clayton are a lot bigger than that of the Westwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

The Ardilaun Hotel has a large carpark and it's less prone to prying eyes and passing scumbags than the Salthill Hotel. Not exactly city centre though! About a mile and a half from Eyre Square.

Avoid the Claddagh Carpark - terrible for people who like their cars as you're pretty sure to get a door ding there. Don't know of any worse carpark in Ireland.

The Clybaun Hotel is another option, but it's a bit out of town (say two and a half miles from Eyre Square) in Suburban wasteland. Cheap as chips though.

churchview wrote: »
    The Ardilaun Hotel has a large carpark and it's less prone to prying eyes and passing scumbags than the Salthill Hotel. Not exactly city centre though! About a mile and a half from Eyre Square.

Had totally forgotten about the Ardilaun; deffo another option worth considering. I think the Salthill hotel has security tho. I've often left my car there overnight as have other friends(who have nice cars) and they've never been touched
    Avoid the Claddagh Carpark - terrible for people who like their cars as you're pretty sure to get a door ding there. Don't know of any worse carpark in Ireland.

+1million
    The Clybaun Hotel is another option, but it's a bit out of town (say two and a half miles from Eyre Square) in Suburban wasteland. Cheap as chips though.

Fairly decent sized carpark aswell:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

The Harbour Hotel has free parking for guests and parking is also validated if you just eat in the restaurant

Draffodx,

What kind of yokes can be expected to be seen at one of these meets.

I mean, is it modded stuff with bodykits and chimney pipe exhausts, or are there some "real" cars. I suppose, I'm wondering if it's boy racers or real enthusiasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Clybaun hotel has a small underground car park probably fit around 40 cars.

Bike runs use the hotel a bit and give the full under ground bit to them and lock the bikes in (don't think it's an automatic system).

As said before avoid the Jurys inn carpark like the plague if you like your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

Marriott Hotel do have 2 basement levels of parking. Id say possibly 150 spaces on each floor. Very secure too.

Prob one of the biggest underground car parks of any of the hotels. Close to all main roads so no getting stuck in all the traffic. Close to town too.

Website says they charge but its free for guests and customers in bar and reataurant.

That'd be best bet id say.

Service station right beside the Marriott too which might be handy:)

churchview wrote: »
    Draffodx,

What kind of yokes can be expected to be seen at one of these meets.

I mean, is it modded stuff with bodykits and chimney pipe exhausts, or are there some "real" cars. I suppose, I'm wondering if it's boy racers or real enthusiasts.

Genuine enthusiasts of all types of cars, mainly advertising it as the cannonball for anyone, so as long as your into cars and you have one you can come along, in the motors offline group we have Mk II Gti Golf, Mazda 3 MPS, 4motion Bora, 3 UKDM Integra Type R's, Leon, Focus ST, stuff like that.

Filtering of Boy Racers will be done so as to not allow them take part, only people who have a genuine interest in cars and not just an interest in being a tool in one will be invited to take part.

You can see pics of our recent rolling road day here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63017692&postcount=32

Thanks for the suggestion of the Marriot will look into that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

The g hotel has a car park. Its free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Salthill hotel, Galway bay??

Thanks for all the suggestions, the salthill hotel and flannerys have got back to me already, going to contact the Marriot and look up the G hotel today

The G is mad expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

Have a chat with the menlo park hotel....we had a very successful bike event there two weekends ago,the rates were excellent,and service top notch!! plenty of parking too!

Advertisement