Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you want to be a mod?

• 18-11-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Do you want to be a mod?

More explicitly, do you want to moderate the Conspiracy Theories forum on boards.ie?

Before reading any further...please note that I did not ask you any of the following questions:

1) Who do you think would make a good mod
    2) Who do you think would make a bad mod
    3) Who do you support for mod
    4) Who do you oppose for mod.

I didn't ask those questions, and I don't want answers to those questions.
    I don't want your third degree of someone else's case.

Seriously...I really don't want these things. Don't try and give them to me.

Now that that's out of the way...

We're thinking about adding a new mod / new mods. We've also been thinking about some of the various threads and discussions started here and elsewhere about what's wrong with the forum, how it could change, how it shouldnt' change...that sort of thing.

Here's your chance.

If you think that you have what it takes, make your case and be considered. We might pick no-one. We might pick multiple candidates.

How do you make your case? That's up to you.

Bear in mind the following...

- You have to be able/willing to work with the other mods, the admins, etc. Note...work with us...not do what we say.
    - No matter how good you are, you'll get a world of grief from some group of posters, at some point. Probably repeatedly.
    - Every single mistake you make will be held up to scrutiny by someone who will insist you're not fit to be a mod. Some stuff you got dead right will get the same treatment.
    - You won't get a free hand to rebuild the forum to be the forum of your dreams. You will get a free hand to argue that vision from a new position.

This is not a windup. This is not some secret plot to tag trouble-makers. It is exactly what it appears to be....your chance to become mod.

So seriously...

Do you want to be a mod?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

How do I apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

no....

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

I'll be a mod but only if I can unban uprising, unlock all the threads on the swine flu vaccine and permanently ban King Mob.

How can you say no?

Seriously though, there's no one here who's middle of the road enough to be made a mod. You'll probably have to look elsewhere. Maybe try someone from the humour forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

squod wrote: »
    How do I apply?

Make your case.

Ideally, post it here...if you're going to be a mod, then you need to be used to people seeing you put your thoughts and arguments about the running of things.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, PM me to make your case....but bear in mind I'll discuss it with the other mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's a trap!

• Advertisement

samson09 wrote: »
    I
    Seriously though, there's no one here who's middle of the road enough to be made a mod. You'll probably have to look elsewhere. Maybe try someone from the humour forum?

Which part of "Seriously...I really don't want these things. Don't try and give them to me." did you have a problem understanding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I would love to be a mod, just not in this forum though.

My ban stick would need a fresh banned soul every day to satisfy its blood lust.

Plus theres one or 2 people on her just posting pure nonsense and nothing is being done about them.

I wouldn't have the patience for some people on here.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I wouldn't mind being one. Always online, be it on the laptop, or the mobile. We're all working for the same dude at the end if the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

antodeco wrote: »
    We're all working for the same dude at the end if the day.

Colonel Sanders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

bonkey wrote: »
    Which part of "Seriously...I really don't want these things. Don't try and give them to me." did you have a problem understanding?

Ah now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm actually torn between saying Yes and saying No.

On the one hand, being Mod of this forum was never a position I envied. I imagine it to be one of the toughest forums to mod, and I certainly have a lot of respect for the job that Bonkey and 6th do. While a lot of people may question some of their decisions, myself included, I've found them to be generally fair and unbiased.

On the other hand, I think being a mod here would be good for me. I had actually thought about this before, and came to the conclusion that, if I did become a mod here, I would barely post in any thread, save for topics I feel I can really contribute to. Other than that, I would call things as fair as possible. I may not always agree with some people here, but I realise the difference between being a mod and being just another poster, as I used to mod on 2 other sites. Not only that, but I tend to read the Help Desk and Prison threads a lot, and I realise the trouble that not being a fair mod can cause, for people on both sides.

Look, I haven't always been the greatest poster here, and I've earned some banning and infractions here too in the past. But I really think I'd be a fair mod.

So as I said, I'd be conflicted about saying Yes or No, so I guess I'll say Yes for now, and if someone better comes along, fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I want to moderate as I desire power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Do you want to be a mod?

More explicitly, do you want to moderate the Conspiracy Theories forum on boards.ie?

Before reading any further...please note that I did not ask you any of the following questions:

Now that that's out of the way...

We're thinking about adding a new mod / new mods. We've also been thinking about some of the various threads and discussions started here and elsewhere about what's wrong with the forum, how it could change, how it shouldnt' change...that sort of thing.

Here's your chance.

If you think that you have what it takes, make your case and be considered. We might pick no-one. We might pick multiple candidates.

How do you make your case? That's up to you.

Bear in mind the following...

- You have to be able/willing to work with the other mods, the admins, etc. Note...work with us...not do what we say.
    - No matter how good you are, you'll get a world of grief from some group of posters, at some point. Probably repeatedly.
    - Every single mistake you make will be held up to scrutiny by someone who will insist you're not fit to be a mod. Some stuff you got dead right will get the same treatment.
    - You won't get a free hand to rebuild the forum to be the forum of your dreams. You will get a free hand to argue that vision from a new position.

This is not a windup. This is not some secret plot to tag trouble-makers. It is exactly what it appears to be....your chance to become mod.

So seriously...

Do you want to be a mod?

I would be up for it. It would be an honour and a great challenge. I would want to be a mod, in the interest of balance and fairness. If I were to be a mod I would ensure there is better balance for both skeptics and C.Ts. I would also like people to given more allowance to be themselves, and not have to be monitored like your on nanny cam every five minutes. The other side is I wouldn't mind people to chilled baiting some humour every now and then.

I also respect that Bonkey and 6th have a huge responsibility and I think it's a good time that Bonkey raised this. There needs to be a third mod, that has C.T background. I am pretty knowledgable in this area, and I feel tip top for the position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

There's some great reasons for letting me moderate this forum. You'll have seen from my posts on boards.ie that I'm a relaxed individual. Think of me as a moderator who likes to keep the flow of discussion going, on topic of course. Also I don't consider myself to have a bias either way on most topics I've read here. An open mind is another of my good points.

Let me tell you some more about myself, I'm thirty-eight years old. I've had ten different jobs in the last twenty years, two of them were technical support roles. So I'm well used to dealing with people courteously. I'm married, have one child and one more on the way. For my past-time I go to a gym, play first person shooters and read a newspaper everyday.

To summarize then, if you want a positive, open minded and polite character as your new moderator then look no further.

squod wrote: »
    There's some great reasons for letting me moderate this forum. You'll have seen from my posts on boards.ie that I'm a relaxed individual. Think of me as a moderator who likes to keep the flow of discussion going, on topic of course. Also I don't consider myself to have a bias either way on most topics I've read here. An open mind is another of my good points.

Let me tell you some more about myself, I'm thirty-eight years old. I've had ten different jobs in the last twenty years, two of them were technical support roles. So I'm well used to dealing with people courteously. I'm married, have one child and one more on the way. For my past-time I go to a gym, play first person shooters and read a newspaper everyday.

To summarize then, if you want a positive, open minded and polite character as your new moderator then look no further.

But the real question is do you research into this area and the unknown? Do you venture into Conspiracy theories? Do you have interests in this topic.

I mean it's all fine and well that your mature, have kids, worked loads of jobs and is really calm etc. But that is not what we are really looking for here in terms of been a moderator under Conspiracy theories in bringing balance and changes to this forum. Unless you feel you have real reasons to be a mod here of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

mysterious wrote: »
    But the real question is do you research into this area and the unknown? Do you venture into Conspiracy theories? Do you have interests in this topic.

I mean it's all fine and well that your mature, have kids, worked loads of jobs and is really calm etc. But that is not what we are really looking for here in terms of been a moderator under Conspiracy theories in bringing balance and changes to this forum. Unless you feel you have real reasons to be a mod here of course.
    He doesn't need to. He simply has to keep the peace and delete the odd spam post. His views on the topic shouldn't have to enter into his actions, otherwise it'd be a conflict of interests.

Hell, I'd be up for it since I get enough abuse in the real world, so I'd be used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

mysterious wrote: »

Mysterious, you cant even follow the rules of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

If anyones seriously thinking about applying to this and are not forum regulars or forget past events easily , re-read what Bonkey has said about abuse and witch hunts.
    Thick skin is essential, eveything that is in that quote is very likely to happen to future moderators. I applaud 6th's and Bonkey's thick skin's (skan? :P ) and dedication to the forum. And i wish ye the best in finding a decent co worker.

And lads if ye wish to remove this post for any reason I will not disagree. I just feel that this point really needs to be gotten across. Fair play Bonkey for not glossing over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Do you want to be a mod?

So seriously...

Do you want to be a mod?

I have a question. It's not on the prohibited list. So, just out of curiosity.

After the auditions, what next? I mean after the requests are put forward, what happens next? Do the Mods decide among themselves? Is it put to a forum vote? Or do the Mods put this to the Admins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would like to throw my hat into the ring

I have been here a while now, read alot more then i post and i am a cynic at heart but an open minded one at that and am a believer or at least an acceptor that some of the Ct's mentioned here and elsewhere are genuine possibilitys

I have had my bans, i have learned to take a few breaths before i post and i am genuinely interested in the topics that are discussed here

If you make me a mod i will be fair, probably not exactly to the book on everything i may aswell tell you right now, but i will use common sense as my guide.

I am online every day at some point or another and can guarantee my full commitment to the post

I would really like to do this actually! i wont lie

And actually, i would like to point out, i have developed a pretty thick skin during my time on boards with the realisation that "its just the internet"! so the abuse a mod gets would be no problem to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

I wouldnt mind doing it, I lurk here regularly and although i have opinions on different theorys,I believe i can moderate this place without bias.

I have moderated on a handfull of forums on other websites and i have ran 2 forums of my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I used to mod the counterstrike forum back in the day but I don't the have the patience any more to mod in here.

I just hope whoever it is can distinguish between a theory or an idea and evidence backed reality. It would also be nice if the person could have some balance, so no cheer-leading for whatever half-baked theory when the evidence is rubbish just cause it fits into an already preconceived notion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'll throw my name into the hat as well

I already mod adverts.ie so would love to branch out and mod a proper forum on boards. I already put up with a fair share of abuse there, so it's honestly like water off a duck's back at this stage.

As for my personal opinion on conspiracy theories; I'm a skeptic but am willing to believe anything is possible if the evidence is there (Diana being a big one, and don't get me started on the World Cup :P)

(Also if I get the gig, we can have a thread about why a mod you never heard of got it, happy days :D)

So...I've deleted a chunk of posts which were offering me the stuff I said I don't want.

---
    Diogenes wrote:
    After the auditions, what next? I mean after the requests are put forward, what happens next? Do the Mods decide among themselves? Is it put to a forum vote? Or do the Mods put this to the Admins?
    Thats an excellent question...and its not one I can readily answer, in that I'm not quite sure yet.

Here's what I can say so far...

There are some rules/structures that apply to all of boards.ie which we're expected to follow. I don't think I'm giving any secrets away by saying that this involves the moderators of the forum and our Category Mod (OscarBravo) being involved in, and ok with, the decisions made. This means that each of us effectively carries a veto....both on the "process" to get to a decision, and of actually deciding on anyone for a modship. I would also work on the assumption that amongst the Admins of the site, someone will have the responsibility to accept/refuse our decision, giving them an effective veto....but if we make a decision that we want someone, you can be sure that we'll fight to get who we want.

Beyond that...we're looking at options. Obviously, we want someone who wants to moderate the forum. Hence this thread, and (to be transparent about it) one in the Mods forum, letting them know that we're doing this. I've some feedback there as well.

Once we're at the point where we feel we've gotten a reasonable amount of feedback, we'll take stock of our options and decide how best to move forward from there. I don't want to turn this into a circus (or more of a warzone!, but at the same time, I'd like the community to be involved. Its something I'm still thinking about. I've sort of taken the lead on this one, but like I said above...any "process" has to be accepted by myself, 6th and OB, regardless of where it comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i'll do it!

Thank you Bonkey.

I'm trying to paraphrase that quote by Plato "Those who seek power, are the least deserving of it".

As I understand the purpose of the mods is the uphold the forum rules. Many users are unsatisfied with the rules, but as a Mod, you're just supposed to uphold the rules.

We've had one mod who abused his position. It took months to revoke this.

I'd be more interested in a firming up of the discussion of forum rules.

I really don't understand this, are we requesting a new mod, who will help redefine the rules of the forum.

Or, and am just being crazy do we need a new mod, to the policy the current rules, or do we need the current forum rules redefined.

You just want to be mod Diogenes.

You just want to be mod Diogenes.

Oh christ no, and lose my chance to be snide and obnoxious to inane nonsense?

If I was a mod I'd have to pretend to be impartial to idiocy...

At the moment a mod/mods are being sought who will take the forum as it is and work with it. Sure they (and everyone else can have an idea abut where they'd like the forum to go but thats no down to one or two people. Its an organic process which wont show results over night.

Whoever puts themselves forward for this has to be prepared to accept thatr this forum may never be what they want it to be. As I said when I became mod, I was here to clean up spam and keep the peace. Moderation is a janitors role for the most part. If your gonna find that frustrating then dont step up.

And while its relevant I'd just like to say that modding Ct has actually been fun. Yeah I had to swing the ban hammer a bit but usually the offenders took it well. It can be frustrating and I understand that sometimes people just lose their cool. For anyone who's a regular contributor here I'd have to ask, if you were a mod ... would you have infracted/banned yourself for any of your posts in this forum?

So anyway, if you havent guessed I'm stepping down as mod. Not cos I've been bashed into submission or anything like it. I could go on as I was for ever but I've other stuff to focus on right now. I've given up my other forum too. Its time for me to go back to being a regular user and just enjoy Boards again. For anyone familiar with my history on Boards you'll know giving up modding isnt something I'd be expected to do but that just goes to show how much hard work and commitement it takes. Time and effort I just dont have to put in right now.

Whoever wants to take this on only has to look at bonkey to see what a real mod is. You wont get a better example of calm, rational thinking and an ungodly amount of patients. No matter what you're own opinion is of CTs you need to be able to step back and mod the forum and its posters and leave ego and agenda at the door.

I infracted/banned people in my time that I never wanted to and had to remain calm and fair when people rubbed me the wrong way. As much as attack the post and not the poster gets thrown around, when it comes to mods we have to mod the post and not the poster.

So I'm hanging out here til the new blood is chosen then I'm off to enjoy Boards pressure free :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

what are the pay and conditions time off for hols do we get company car/ jet keys to the exeutive lounge,
    i'd make an excelent mod because if I dont like whats being said I can infract or ban the offending user ...ha ha ha!!! me me me :D
    vote for ME

6th wrote: »
    So I'm hanging out here til the new blood is chosen then I'm off to enjoy Boards pressure free :D

Hmmm but we've never seen billionaire industrialist 6th, and vigilante debunker King Mob, photographed together, ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Diogenes wrote: »
    Hmmm but we've never seen billionaire industrialist 6th, and vigilante debunker King Mob, photographed together, ever?

We would have if 6th ever came to the Magic meet ups. ;)

6th is leaving?

THERE IS NO GOD!!

....erator

Oh christ no, and lose my chance to be snide and obnoxious to inane nonsense?

If I was a mod I'd have to pretend to be impartial to idiocy...

Playing it very smooth diomodgenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

being a mod is pretty much the most thankless task in here.

whats the working hours?

If its a dolly parton-esque 9 til 5 then im interested.

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    At the moment a mod/mods are being sought who will take the forum as it is and work with it.

Absolutely. That said...I'm quite open to peopel making their pitch like Mysterious did, which is saying where they'd aim to bring the forum as mod.
    Whoever wants to take this on only has to look at bonkey to see what a real mod is. You wont get a better example of calm, rational thinking and an ungodly amount of patients.

Hey...don't call the forum members my patients ;) You'll give the seekr1t plan away.

Nice Freudian slip :)

As I understand the purpose of the mods is the uphold the forum rules. Many users are unsatisfied with the rules, but as a Mod, you're just supposed to uphold the rules.

Yes and no.

First and foremost, a mod has to uphold the rules, yes.

At the same time, a mod is also responsible for changing/evolving the rules. The way that this happens is (mostly) up to the individual forums themselves...and often occurs at too glacial a pace to keep people happy.
    I really don't understand this, are we requesting a new mod, who will help redefine the rules of the forum.

Or, and am just being crazy do we need a new mod, to the policy the current rules, or do we need the current forum rules redefined.

We need a new mod because 6th is leaving, I can't cover this on my own, and I prefer not to have to rely on our Cat Mod or Admins to pick up slack...they've enough on their plate.

At the same time, for anyone who didn't have access to the moderator forum, it wasn't clear until last night that 6th was leaving, and it was both interesting and informative to see what people's reactions to the notion of adding one or more moderators to the team was.

For the record...I don't think I've told any porkies on this thread so far. I have omitted information (i.e. 6th's forthcoming departure), but nothing I said is inaccurate. 6th will still be involved in the selection and approval process of any mod(s), and carries an effective veto.

This, incidentally is one of the reasons I said I wasn't going to tell anyone how to make their case. Its still up to anyone applying to decide if they will impress us more by telling us how they will change things, or just how they will do the job of upholding the rules as well as they can.

Well, if I was moderator, I would (coincidently) mod in the same style as 6th has, ie. not get involved in most of the discussions, save for if I feel I can add some useful discussion, and I would mostly just do the actual moderator duties. Clean up threads, warn people, etc etc.

As far as changing the forum itself, I don't think there's really a lot I could add. Although I had an idea last night while looking through the Games forum. There, if you want a thread to only be discussed by XBox users, or Playstation users, you can choose a tag to go in front of the thread title. The different tags are coloured differently, so everyone knows who the thread is for before they click on it. Perhaps something similar could be used here, ie tags for Theories (where you don't have to provide proof or back up your claim, its just the OP kinda thinking out loud and discussing something), tags for Conspiracies (where you believe a conspiracy has occured, ie. 9/11) and maybe another one to discuss things which are kinda paranormal or spiritual in nature, but you believe there is a conspiracy around, (Aliens, importance of numbers etc).

Thats all I can really think of thus far

As smooth as my golf swing. I play off a Handicap of Zero btw. Thats because I don't play golf.

No need for the little dig. Its petty.

• Advertisement

If I were to become Mod, I would prefer to be called the mediator. I say this in this respect because I feel all have a responsibilty to keep ourselves in check rather than giving the entire responsibilty to the moderator all the time. Bonkey and 6th I'm sure have expressed their frustations at times when trying to keep the peace here day in day out. It's not an easy task. The problem here is we are not at the right balance in the way were are projecting this forum as we should be imo. This responsibility should be then put to all all the users on this forum as a whole and not just the moderators of this forum.

I will still give and contribute as much as I do in my free time here (if I were mod or not. I would like to see the atmosphere change from this child teacher taught and division feel complex, to an all side adult mentorship intiation. Whereby both skeptics and Conspiracy theorists can come to discernment and logical conclusion, balance with constructive communication brought forward. I still hold the view too, that skeptics are going to have to stop looking to others to prove everything to them entirely. If you come to this forum there is always going to be a lot of alternative info that you will not hear in mainstream media, so it's up to the poster himself to do his/her research too. We are not here to be dependant on others. This will also help move things here. As for Conspiracy theorists they will stil need to post therei evidence but are also allowed to state their own perspective on their own theories also as like anyone else. Rather than having skeptics turning to complete dimissal and arrogance in side line and the Conspiracy theorists having a tantrum of not been heard etc. All sides could be valued and expressed openly. My aim and it has always been my utmost attention was to bring responsibility, awareness, judgment and balance back to ourselves. I understand this is a very difficult job. I am willing to give it my best shot.

Most Conspiracy sites don't have skeptics 2 to 1 of C.Ts. The reason I feel this is so, is because we have Two skeptics moderators who have a skeptic orientated view of how this forum should work. My contribution is not much different, other than bringing balance for both sides at equal levels..

I'm optimisitc an idea Skeptic-Conspiracy theorist balance would work better than the current system. A lot of people are unhappy. The Skeptics such as PaddyIrishman did mention in the past that a lot of C.Ts have been driven off and it's healthy to have a challenging discussion for both sides. This eventual balance is formed by the evolution of two sides coming to conclusions of their perspective and individual view points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I would like to be a mod. I'm not a poster but I do like to lurk some of these 'interesting' threads. I know a lot about conspiracy theories but I'm often skeptical about a lot of the topics like the Illuminati aspect of of CT's.

I won't take trolling lightly and will make sure that there is a bit of a balance of fun and seriousness so that we can encourage more visitors to this forum.

I'd love the chance to be able to mod this forum with Bonkey. I understand that this forum is not exactly going to be what I want it to be but I would just like to help out.

Whoever does get the job as mod I wish them the best of luck.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

King Mob wrote: »
    We would have if 6th ever came to the Magic meet ups. ;)

do you believe in magic:D

So, at this stage, it looks like we've about all the feedback we're going to get.

Thanks all. Your interest is much appreciated.

I'll be discussing the various possibilities with 6th and OB in the next day or so, and we'll let you know where we're going from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I think 6th has it bang on.

Get out while ye can!! :p

Yes and no.

First and foremost, a mod has to uphold the rules, yes.

At the same time, a mod is also responsible for changing/evolving the rules. The way that this happens is (mostly) up to the individual forums themselves...and often occurs at too glacial a pace to keep people happy.

We need a new mod because 6th is leaving, I can't cover this on my own, and I prefer not to have to rely on our Cat Mod or Admins to pick up slack...they've enough on their plate.

No sorry, not being aware of 6th leaving I thought the current administration was bowing to the demands of a few threads insisting on a new mod.

I've been banned a few times by 6th. And frankly in my opinion at least one was utterly undeserved. And well we've traded insults via pm. But he's been utterly fair with the ban hammer, wielding it with equal severity.

I'd like to think the next mod will be viewed by both sides of this forum, as equally harsh and unfair. Frankly I think a mod on this forum, is doing something wrong if they don't get subjected to litany of abuse and paranoid accusations.

Fair play 6th. And may god have mercy on your successor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

I just discovered my 1 month ban is over, I'll be a mod.
    Firstly I'll allow conspiracy theorie's to be discussed, not lock, lock, lock, lock, lock and lock.

Actually no I wouldn't be a mod, but this forum need's to wise up or shut down, it's conspiracy "THEORY", yet it doesn't allow theory to be discussed, and the only people that don't get banned are anti conspiracy.
    It's a joke, one particular poster (oh sorry broke the rules again) sits by his computer waiting to pounce 24hrs a day and drags everything into the reality of unicorns, I don't agree with something that's not locked on here at the moment, but I'm not going to antagonise the believer or poster with stupid demands, I don't believe his theory, actually I find it strange that somebody can believe such thing's, but that's his beliefs and I won't try impose mine on him, after all anything is possible in theory and doesn't require proof, actually I believe we know nothing about anything, the deeper you look the stranger it gets like the science that is taken as fact by the masses but is actually one man's idea, his theory, that is peddled as reality and truth.

But really I couldn't really care less about this forum or site anymore, it is biased, locks and bans are the norm, its a nanny forum, there is no freedom of speech, I read the other day about somebody posting here being compared to somebody in a theatre standing up and shouting "fire" and making people panic, thats ridiculous.

When people click "conspiract theories" I think they know what to expect, but "super nanny" jumps in to save the day and lock it, to save us running from the theatre and trampling each other to death in the panic.

I have made my view's known about 1 particular "point", I have 2 friends that took their children to get the "point", I have tried to encourage them to look into the my "point" but they didn't, they blindly went to the doc and got the "point" without any further research into the matter, which I think is negligent on their part, but they are their children and I don't have a right to impose my views on them.

END OF RANT

You know we cant just let you flaunt the rules like that so I have to give you what you want. Seeing as you're just back from a 1 month ban and you're knowing breaking rules. Heres another ban.

Thanks. That was very constructive input in our search for a new mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 EXODUS251022

Wow that was quick!, is that a record? how long is he banned for now:confused::confused::confused:, back on topic, mod??, no

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement