Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you want to be a mod?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Best of luck to whomever gets the job.

Never had any run-ins with the mods, but the one time I did get into a bit of a spat with someone I found 6th to be very fair and even handed in dealing with the issue.

Not interested in moderating on another forum myself and I would certainly urge anybody considering becoming a mod to give it plenty of thought.

I had no clue what it meant to be a moderator until I actually became one myself and I almost gave it up after a week or two. People think they can take a dig at you just because you're a mod, you have to hold the high ground all the time, you have to be nice to people regardless of your opinions on them.

It's also rewarding to be able to contribute to the running of a forum and help people out where possible.

Best of luck to whomever gets the thankless task.

Ps: Hope I don't sound too negative.

Best of luck 6th. The place won't be the same without you at the wheel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

uprising wrote: »
    I just discovered my 1 month ban is over, I'll be a mod.
    Firstly I'll allow conspiracy theorie's to be discussed, not lock, lock, lock, lock, lock and lock.

Actually no I wouldn't be a mod, but this forum need's to wise up or shut down, it's conspiracy "THEORY", yet it doesn't allow theory to be discussed, and the only people that don't get banned are anti conspiracy.
    It's a joke, one particular poster (oh sorry broke the rules again) sits by his computer waiting to pounce 24hrs a day and drags everything into the reality of unicorns, I don't agree with something that's not locked on here at the moment, but I'm not going to antagonise the believer or poster with stupid demands, I don't believe his theory, actually I find it strange that somebody can believe such thing's, but that's his beliefs and I won't try impose mine on him, after all anything is possible in theory and doesn't require proof, actually I believe we know nothing about anything, the deeper you look the stranger it gets like the science that is taken as fact by the masses but is actually one man's idea, his theory, that is peddled as reality and truth.

But really I couldn't really care less about this forum or site anymore, it is biased, locks and bans are the norm, its a nanny forum, there is no freedom of speech, I read the other day about somebody posting here being compared to somebody in a theatre standing up and shouting "fire" and making people panic, thats ridiculous.

When people click "conspiract theories" I think they know what to expect, but "super nanny" jumps in to save the day and lock it, to save us running from the theatre and trampling each other to death in the panic.

I have made my view's known about 1 particular "point", I have 2 friends that took their children to get the "point", I have tried to encourage them to look into the my "point" but they didn't, they blindly went to the doc and got the "point" without any further research into the matter, which I think is negligent on their part, but they are their children and I don't have a right to impose my views on them.

END OF RANT

Whilst I can agree with you I have to this out to you:

No freedom of speech.

This is a private website. There is no "right" to freedom of speech here. We, the Admins and moderators DO want to promote discussion but FREE un-moderated discussion online turns into a screaming match between children. We believe that rules of etiquette should be applied (see below). Shouting about how we have infringed your "freedom of speech" on a privately owned website is silly. You can use blogger.com to say what YOU like, what you aren’t entitled to is access to the community we have built here without abiding by the community's rules, as decided and enforced by us.

Boards.ie doesnt care what you think, or what I think, which is fair enough from their perspective.
    You're in a no win situation on a forum, where the mods are the "law"and those who agree with them get special treatment and free run to do as they like a lot of the time. Those who step on the toes of mods or their lackies get infractions or bans.
    It's not just Boards.ie, this is the same on every web forum on the net.
    I'm a member of a few forums and none of them are fair.
    If you want fair you're not going to get it on a forum. It just doesnt happen.
    As far as morality goes, it's a joke of a siuation, but when you're on a site like this you're forced to play by their rules or not play at all.
    Fairness and impartiality are only a rumour to most web forum moderators, so don't be too pissed off with the Boards.ie mods, they're only following the norms.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Right, Back from me Ban W00t

I suppose I'd better throw me hat in the ring for this, so here it is :D
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thinks back to modding the CT forum *shudder* :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

All joking aside I formally volunteer myself to be a mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

miju wrote: »
    thinks back to modding the CT forum *shudder* :D:D:D

Thinks back to Mahatma modding the CT forum *shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Just to clarify nesf and Scofflaw are NOT the new CT mods! They are Category Mods of Soc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement