Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommended Reading?

• 18-11-2009 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Was wandering thought Easons, and picked up Outdoor Photography. I'm thinking of dropping hints that a magazine subscription would be a good present to my other half. What magazines do we collectively read/recommend?

On a similar note, any good websites for me to bookmark, on these long cold nights in, unsuitable for actually being out shooting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

for me, www.photoicon.com is the best photo magazine, it's expensive but a magazine that you will go back and look at again and again

ignore that, apparently they are now out of business...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I only get a couple of magazines during the year. I do look through them at the stand and to be honest if there is something that engages me then i'll buy - hence only buying a couple during a year.

For books, if you happen to be nearby temple bar at any stage - pay a visit to "the gallery of photography" (the one across meeting house square from the National Photographic Archive). I visited only once but they have the most wonderful collection of photography books (for sale) as well as some overpriced holga's and a few odds and ends. I did think the next time i'm looking for a photography book it will be there that I pay a visit to. (you also get to visit the gallery with whatever exhibition is running - this can be worth the trip alone).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

DotOrg wrote: »
    for me, www.photoicon.com is the best photo magazine, it's expensive but a magazine that you will go back and look at again and again

I was thinking that my issue was well over due....shame. I agree, was a great mag.

Ag is probably my favorite. http://www.picture-box.com/current.html

the source is good too http://www.source.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

DotOrg wrote: »

really? i was planning on renewing my subscription that's a real shame, its a great mag. had a look at their website its not been updated since aug/sept I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mickdaniel

Photography.pro has a good list of best photography magazines

• Advertisement
Advertisement