Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soicitors letter for Refuse charges 7 years ago

• 18-11-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

I received a letter in the post today to my parents house from a Solicitor regarding Refuse Charges that are seemingly outstanding for a house that I bought in December 2001 and in June 2003. It is hard to remember what I paid in bin charges but I know for a fact that we did not have bins when we initially moved into the house as it was a new development. I remember having to go to the council offices in relation to the bins and the three bins were not delivered until the fees were paid. Given that I only had the house for 1.5 years and we didn't have the bins at the start and I must have paid for at least one year in order to get the bins delivered I cannot understand why they are requesting €400 from me

I have absolutely no idea why I have received this letter. It says that I have 10 days to pay or legal procedings will be issued.

I have never "not paid" anything I have been billed for and I have absolutely no idea what this is about. Where do I stand with this. I am extremely annoyed. The letter says I have already been furnished with the details - which is not true, this is the first I have heard of it. How am I supposed to prove that I paid something 8 years ago when I have bought 2 houses since then and changed bank and credit card company several times and I have absolutely no recollection of owing anything when I sold the house. Surely the auctioneer ensures that all bills are paid before the house changes hands the same way that in my last house the management fees had to be paid up to the date we left.

Any advice appreciated...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

No Legal Advice, thread closed. Get a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement