Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I go from here??

Options
  • 18-11-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi, I've found my original BC and BM's original BC but I'm not sure where to go from here. I've done searches on the internet but got nothing really except a possible phone number for a relative but don't want to contact them. Has anyone else been in the same position? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

if you have her birth cert you can go to Joyce house in dublin or to a place in rosscommon Dont know the name but could look it up for you if you want,, and look up to see if she ever married and if so you can then see where and to whom and if she ever had any other chidren,,There is a lot you can get from her birth cert,,, Best of luck...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi,
    joyce house is no longer in operation, all records are now in the irish life mall in abbey st dublin.
    your next step is to find out if your birthmum married u will have to look for a marraige cert, if u have her birthcert it should be easy enough as her parents name will be on her marraige cert.
    good luck.....kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

thanks for the advice joyce2009 and kathyfinn. I'll head into the research room and try to find her marriage cert.

good luck with finding a marraige cert.....

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

tyview wrote: »
    thanks for the advice joyce2009 and kathyfinn. I'll head into the research room and try to find her marriage cert.
    best of luck,,,:)

• Advertisement

OMG this is so frustrating..... I've gone to the research room twice now to try and find the marriage cert from when i was born to now but theres none to be found. So disappointing :( I found her parents cert no prob just none for her...

hi, i know its very frustrating, but don,t give up maybe she never married or she could have married in another country. i found my mothers marraige record in england on find my past.com give that a try. if u still can,t find it try to go on the marraige cert of her parents, look up people with the surname in the area, had she brothers or sisters maybe u could find them..kathy

Hi Kathy thanks for the reply. I'll have a look on the website you mentioned. Bms surname is one of the most popular in her county and so is her mothers maiden name. I do know all of her sisters and her brothers name though so that might lead me somewhere. I'm quite reluctant to contact them though because in the non ident info i have she made it quite clear that she hadn't told any of her family about me. I don;t want her to hate me before i even have contact with her :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fluffy70

tyview wrote: »
    Hi Kathy thanks for the reply. I'll have a look on the website you mentioned. Bms surname is one of the most popular in her county and so is her mothers maiden name. I do know all of her sisters and her brothers name though so that might lead me somewhere. I'm quite reluctant to contact them though because in the non ident info i have she made it quite clear that she hadn't told any of her family about me. I don;t want her to hate me before i even have contact with her :confused:
    I`m adopted,have both my real parents names and am 40 yr old.If they wanted to find me it would be alot easier for them to find me.
    They have reasons for not contacting me.
    Me contacting them could ruin their current lives.
    My "Real" parents are the ones that raised me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

fluffy70 wrote: »
    I`m adopted,have both my real parents names and am 40 yr old.If they wanted to find me it would be alot easier for them to find me.
    They have reasons for not contacting me.
    Me contacting them could ruin their current lives.
    My "Real" parents are the ones that raised me.

Perhaps you might like to open your own thread- you might find it helpful to you.

For your information- the way the Irish system is setup- its not easy for either side to make contact- and in fact easier for an adopted person to go backwards (as per the steps in the traceguides I've included at the top of this forum), than it is for a birthparent. It can nonetheless take several years.

If you wish to continue to use this forum- please exercise consideration towards the other people posting. If you would like to open your own thread- do so by all means- but please understand that other people's feelings and viewpoints are as valid as yours are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MJD01

I have been in touch with my mothers half sister - she did not know about me but I just got in touch with the family and although I never found my mother I have relations in America, England and here who I never would have known if I was not as bolshy as I am. They can either turn you away or say hello and welcome you - it is up to them.
    Mary

Advertisement