Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear Playing Cards

Options
  • 18-11-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

yeah i played a game of cards in someone from irish-college a year back and they had this kick ass clear deck of cards. i was just wondering if anyone on this forum knows if there's anywhere in town that would have something like that. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Hmmm, wouldn't mind getting myself a pack of those either. Getting fed up with some of the lads bending the cards and spilling crap on them. Anyone know if they are available anywhere in town? Don't have a CC and don't fancy topping up my 3V for such a small amount, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

yeah theyre the ones! but im in the same boat as rahenyred. just wondering if any knew if i could get them in town at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

My brother has a deck of them and i'm pretty sure he got them in Dublin. I'll ask him tomorrow.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Someone gave me a deck. Never use them, and no idea where they were bought. I'm sure somewhere in town will have them though. Bound to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Boredatwork

I have a deck of them. Got them overseas. They are pretty cool to look at alright. Used them once - they are fairly hard to 'peek' at them !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

I have a deck of them. Got them overseas. They are pretty cool to look at alright. Used them once - they are fairly hard to 'peek' at them !

Hmmm, I was fearful of that - think I'll give them a miss so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

They're Bicycle Clear cards - more for jokes / fun games than serious games.
    No real market for them, so we don;t stock them.

For regular 100% plastic cards you can get Copags in the Wick & Co. Candle store directly opposite Trinity college along with a small range of other poker stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Amz wrote: »
    yeah i played a game of cards in someone from irish-college a year back and they had this kick ass clear deck of cards. i was just wondering if anyone on this forum knows if there's anywhere in town that would have something like that. thanks

I had these in college (but doubt it was me that you seen with them).
    They aren't bicycle MCaul, but aren't too behind Kem and Copaq inb quaility.

I bought them in the Jervis centre in dublin, in the Gadget shop. They probably do online orders too.

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

If you're playing a serious game don't get these, they're a gimic. Get the copags in the candle shop, I got a pack & they're lovely and will last a good while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement