Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips on how to sell my car??

• 18-11-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hello all!

I bought a Citroen C3 Pluriel back in April, but i've had to buy a van for work, so cant afford the car.

I paid €5k plus a 01 ford ka (worth about €2k) for the car. Ive upped the milage since, but ive also bought it a new set of wheels, new battery, and brake work.

I was hoping to get €5500 but i've since bought a van so have to pay back the parents, so ive cut the price down to €4900.

Ive it up on most of the sites, but no bites yet, noones come to see it or anything.

Any tips on any way to get some more interest in it? Am I overpricing the car? would it do any good trying to get cash from a garage (i assume they've no interest in used cars at the mo)

heres the car http://www.carzone.ie/search/Citroen/C3-Pluriel/200945195768307/advert?channel=CARS

any feedback will be appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

No offence, but the pictures are poor, taken directly into the sun in some of them, and not showing a lot of the car. There's no proper interior pics etc. I'd redo the pics as a start anyway.
    Just saw there's one on carzone, with less than half the miles on the clock, better pics and the price is 600 cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Price
    Presentation
    Information

These are the key points and you fail on two of them (no offence but you did ask!)

Put it up on CBG & Cars Ireland as they both do free ads and seeing as it's under €5k it's well worth spending €3 on Done Deal too. To be honest this car would probably sell a bit better in April / May than in the depths of winter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Just saw there's one on carzone, with less than half the miles on the clock, better pics and the price is 600 cheaper.

Wow, that car was on at €6k about three weeks ago before I put my car up!!!

Thanks for the feedback, I was waiting for ages for the sun to come out to get pics of the exterior, and didnt take much notice of the inside! ill redo the pics so when its a bit brighter.

Do ye think I should cut the price again? I feel that it is worth in and around €5k and I know the recession etc. but I really want to be able to pay my van loan off with it, and Im sure theres SOMEONE out there that would be happy to pay it? no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Unfortunately that model was never popular here, even less so at this time of year and the amount of rain we are having at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Having spent the last few days looking for a car on the web and forums I would say that the most important thing is price.

Be realistic, nothing is shifting at the momnet and as a private seller you cannot offer the warranty, trade in's and assurances a dealer can, the only thing you can complete on is price. Even though yours may be a fine example its the price that pulls the punter in, the mileage and condition is where you sell your over another one at the same price. Be the cheapest on carzone but also check out adverts.ie, donedeal and gumtree that's where cheaper cars are often advertised. Check out this one below.....less miles, auto, nice colour, better pictures.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1022858

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Clean and polish the car and take new photos.

Bit too much writing in the add imo; just want facts nothing else.
    Not a big market for the car so low price is the only way to move it quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Wash it! I ignore ads where the car is dirty

Advertisement