Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

busking!

Options
  • 18-11-2009 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

where are good places to do it in the city centre besides grafton street?

have you ever done so bofre?experiences????what reaction did you get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I think that you need a licence to do it, officially (obtained from Dublin City Council's Environment & Culture Department). Good places are the tourist hot-spots, such as Temple Bar, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dmullar

I've done it before and you don't need a license, but generally you get told to stop if you use amplifiers on grafton street.In other places it doesnt really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Dmullar wrote: »
    I've done it before and you don't need a license, but generally you get told to stop if you use amplifiers on grafton street.In other places it doesnt really matter.

By law you do... ...but as with most laws, it's rarely enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭6stringmaniac

I go busking every saturday, and everyday I have free.
    Id say go to templebar.
    Also there is no such thing as a busking license in ireland.
    You are allowed to busk once you dont cause an obstruction.
    You can have amps on grafton street, but either a shop owner or the guards will tell you to turn it down a bit if you are playing too loud.
    As for the busking itself, its great fun and you can make alot of money from it.
    I'd reccomend going with a friend because it makes the expierience alot more enjoyable, and busking by yourself can be a bit lonely.
    Also dont take and **** from little scumbag 12 year olds who try to rob your money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If you're a guy with an acoustic guitar PLEASE for the love of God don't do any Oasis songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

phasers wrote: »
    If you're a guy with an acoustic guitar PLEASE for the love of God don't do any Oasis songs

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

dont worry i dont play oasis i HATe it when people request oasis at gaf partys and such its friggin annoying

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Kevster wrote: »
    By law you do... ...but as with most laws, it's rarely enforced.

By law you do not, not since '07 and even before then the law was very fuzzy as it wasn't clear if busking fell towards vagrancy laws.

How ever you will get shuffled along if you cause a large crowd to form that the police deem to be hazardous.

But you are perfecly on the right side of the law by playing music on the street. No licence required as there is none for it in existence.

Why do buskers use mics/amps etc? I always thought that it was a very good way to strengthen your playin and voice by having to really use it on a crowded st.

\end "things were better in my day" rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

where are good places to do it in the city centre besides grafton street?

have you ever done so bofre?experiences????what reaction did you get?

do it in front of mc donalds tomorrow please. the first one as your coming from Trinity college

be loud, when your tearing through a shop until absolutely everything is gone and the only things left are the walls it can be a bit noisy :D:D:D

there were some good lads there today alright !

fair play lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Who's that crowd who played recently at college green. There seemed to be full band,every kind of instrument and amplified. They drew a huge crowd every time I saw them,I'd be driving by so never actually heard a full song or got a look at them but they sounded impressive enough.

Advertisement