Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home telephone

• 18-11-2009 8:32pm

We have an old corded telephone with caller id mounted on one of the walls. I was wondering if there was something I could get that would let you set different tones depending on who was ringing (like on mobiles). I checked the Argos website and all the corded ones are pretty rubbish.

Then I saw something called Digital phones there and hurray some of them are wall mountable and have incoming ring personalisation!! But I see a lot of them require NIMH batteries. Does this mean they need to be plugged in at some time ?(where we have the phone there is no socket nearby). I know nothing about this DECT thing...could someone recommend a good one at a good price please and maybe explain things? I think we're stuck in the dark ages with the corded phone at the moment so any help greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Comments

Actually I think probably all the DECT/Digital phones need to be plugged in so it looks like I'll be sticking with the corded piece of crap.

Advertisement