Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for musicians to start....

Options
  • 18-11-2009 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

A cover band. If you or anyone you know is interested let me know.

its just me at the moment on Geetar and vocals, and I'm looking for the additional members such as Lead guitar, bass and drums etc etc. It doesnt really matter what instrument you play as I'm sure we can turn it into something really good. the more the merrier says Stephen. :D if you can sing that would be a great advantage.

Also, I might go busking too this Christmas, so if there is anyone out there who'd like to join me your more than welcome just PM me if your interested in that also. I always bring a can of mace with me so dont worry your quite safe :pac:

If you are interested in any of the above please Pm me with your first name, Age and what you play how long you've been playing etc etc and we will take it from there.

Thank you and God bless
    Stephen :)

Note to Moderators: I have already discussed with Mr.Magnolia the intentions of this post and he has granted permission to post it as it does not violate forum rules.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mpindundalk

do you not think it would be better to post that in the music section?

by the way nobody wants cover bands these days. people want true original material(inspiration dude)
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

by the way nobody wants cover bands these days. people want true original material(inspiration dude)
    :cool:

well in that case people who are huge fans of inspired artist ''Jeff buckley'' are gonna be very disappointed to hear that he did a cover of leonard cohens ''Hallelujah'' arent they? :(

I used to do original material but stopped as it dont make me any money, and I didnt really consider myself good enough to make money at it either. It was more or less for my own satisfaction and enjoyment. So I just ceased it all together.

This is my first attempt at the cover side of things and I'm only doing it because (beleive it or not) it makes me money to feed the familia.

If you wish to hear the old muck you can visit www.myspace.com/steveelliottsounds ( solo )

www.myspace.com/thestarlingsmusic ( Band in Scotland )

Stephen <3

dude your really good are you sure ya wanna do covers?:eek:

dude your really good are you sure ya wanna do covers?:eek:

Yes, theres something about taking another persons song and putting your own spin on it. The beatles did it to make them money so I cant see why I shouldnt.

• Advertisement

***UPDATE***

have found a bass player from drogheda, has 20 years of gigging experience behind him, we had a practice the other day and things are going well.

Still looking for muscians to come forward, drummer, guitarist etc etc...as I said before whatever kind of instrument you play just come forward as I'm sure we could turn it into something really good. So if your living in the louth area and want to start a band give me a shout.

Advertisement